Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [1 December 2016]
Dear Members and Friends
- Last Sundowners of the year – tonight: Poolside @ Reverie Saigon (also in Hanoi)
- Two AusCham RMIT EMBA Scholarships available (one in Hanoi and one in HCMC). Deadline for applications: 6 January 2017. Open to all staff of AusCham Member organisations. Click here.
- Congratulations to inaugural AusCham RMIT Scholarship recipient, Nguyen Minh Hieu, who graduated this week.
- Members are beginning to take advantage of the MOU AusCham signed with Department of Foreign Affairs for Provinces. Department is being very supportive of our business enquiries. Click here.
- Tour to Long Hau Industrial Park (HCMC), including two new factories, on 13 December. Click here.
- Welcome to incoming AusCham Director, Jesse O’Brien (HCMC-based). Thank you and farewell to Ray Gordon who has now returned to Australia.
- Find out why APEC is so important to Australia and Vietnam’s interests on 7 December (Hanoi). Click here.
- Thanks to AusCham Members, Angsana Lang Co, Le Meridien & The Carterers for advertising with AusCham – see below. Also Royal Brunei Airlines.
- Welcome to new corporates – The Caterers Company Limited & Vinametric Ltd (Owner of Saigon Prince Hotel). Thank you to renewing corporates – Midway Metals, Sofitel Saigon Plaza, United Nations International School of Hanoi, University of Southern Queensland. Also to renewing NGO, Viet Uc Student Foundation Inc.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: