The Government of Western Australia’s Trade and Investment Office, Singapore (a Member of AusCham) has just released its bi monthly newsletter for June 2016. See below.
Australia-Singapore Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
On May 6 the Singapore and Australian governments announced a broad package of partnership initiatives which will make up the Australia-Singapore Comprehensive Strategic Partnership (CSP).
The CSP is a progressive vehicle to deepen Singapore-Australian relations in multiple areas – from
defence, trade, investment, and innovation, to the arts and cultural affairs.
The Fact Sheet can be downloaded by clicking here.
Exercise Medicine Institute, Edith Cowan University, Perth
On 10 May 2016 ABC’s Catalyst program focused on Professor Robert Newton and ECU’s Exercise Medicine Institute. “Exercise and Cancer” screened in Australia on 10 May 2016.
It can be seen by clicking here.
The Institute’s Cancer Survivor Program is designed to maintain and improve physical capacities while managing the effects of cancer and cancer treatment. The ECU clinic has about 27,000 patient contact visits annually. Based on the success of the Perth clinic and international recognition of the Institute’s research findings, ECU is now considering offshore expansion of their clinic.
Professor Robert Newton, the Co-Director of the Exercise Medicine Research Institute, is in Singapore 23-24 June.
Contact the WA Trade and Investment Office at +65 6836 5626 for details.
ABC’s Landline is required viewing for updates on Australian agricultural innovation. See Landline by clicking here.
Recent Western Australian content included:
- WA’s avocado production set to boom as farmers eye international markets – Having rebounded from January’s avocado shortage, farmers are investing millions in new technology to capitalise on the growing popularity of the fruit.
- Ambitious shellfish reef project begins off Albany – Scientists are set to begin transferring juvenile native oysters to a specially prepared seabed in an ambitious project aimed at restoring shellfish reefs on the south coast of Western Australia.
- World-first abalone sea ranch in Western Australia – In the pristine waters of Flinders Bay in Western Australia, abalone are being bred in a world-first sea ranching enterprise.
Food Innovation Australia e-Catalogue.
The (Food Innovation Australia Limited) FIAL e-Catalogue is an online searchable tool for registered international buyers and distributors to source Australian export ready suppliers – Western Australian suppliers included – across all food and beverage categories.
Western Australia also provides stand-alone directories (one for halal, one for non-halal suppliers)
for WA food suppliers and importers; copies are available from DAFWA (+61 8 9368 3333) in Perth
or from Natalie Tan, +65 6835 5626 in Singapore.
LandCorp in Perth received the National Planning Institute of Australia award for excellence in May
2016 for their White Gum Valley estate. This residential development is designed to deliver a diverse
range of housing styles and living options, including a Gen Y Demonstration Housing Project showcasing flexible dwellings for the next generation.
For further information, click here.
MRA, Perth: The Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (MRA) will visit South East Asia in July / September 2016, to promote lots available at Elizabeth Quay, the Perth City Link and other opportunities in Perth.
For further information, click here.
- Prospect Magazine: A quarterly magazine showcasing Western Australia’s dynamic resources sector. For the latest edition, plus archived editions, click here.
- Petroleum in Western Australia: A biannual showcase of petroleum exploration and production activities in WA. For the latest edition, click here.
- Western Australian LNG: Fuelling the Future. Originally released for the recent LNG18 Conference but with data current for the rest of 2016. Click here.
- Western Australia Economic Profile. The May 2016 update can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Spacecubed comes to Singapore. Spacedcubed, a Perth start-up and innovation hub, will bring a delegation to Singapore for a fact-finding visit 18-25 July, including discussion about the Australia-Singapore landing pad announced in the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership agreement.
- Singapore Exchange goes to Perth. Mr Foong Chong Lek, Director for Listings, Marketing & Business Development at the Singapore Exchange (SGX), will be in Perth 07-10 June for meetings with WA start-ups.
GOVERNMENT OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA TRADE AND INVESTMENT OFFICE SINGAPORE
John Catlin |Regional Director. Natalie Tan | Agrifood Business Development Manager. Melvin Sico | Business Development Executive. Rosmani Rosli | Secretary
6 Temasek Boulevard #20-02, Suntec Tower Four, Singapore 038986
Tel: +65 6836 5626; Fax: +65 6836 5698
DEPARTMENT OF STATE DEVELOPMENT, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: