Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [16 March 2017]
- Deadline for 2017 Board nominations: 3pm, Monday 20 March. Click here.
- AGMs in Hanoi and HCMC commence at 6pm, Tuesday 28 March. Click here.
- Special “Letter of Intent” Signing between AusCham and Victorian Government at 7pm, 28 March, immediately after AGM in HCMC. Complimentary food and beverages, courtesy of Victorian Government. Registrations essential. Click here.
- This week AusCham hosted seminars on Work Permits and Employment Update for Foreigners in Vietnam. Did you know that from next year, foreigners may be subject to an extra 28 per cent in insurance costs?
- Last week AusCham hosted seminars (HN and HCMC) on Manufacturing in South East Asia and what it means for Vietnam. VTV4 did a 30 minute program afterwards. Click here.
- “Meet the Members Success Stories” returns to Hanoi on 23 March. Click here.
- Taste of Australia by Embassy / Consulate-General/Austrade will be held in April. In HCMC it kicks off with the Taste of Australia Wine Show on 1 April. Click here.
- One AusCham member is an Australian software and hardware outsourcing company with almost 400 employees globally (approximately 200 people in their HCMC Vietnam office). This member would like to explore collaboration opportunities with another 100% Australian owned outsourcing company operating in Vietnam. If you know of someone who is interested to learn more, please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note the messages below from Vietnam Airlines and JW Marriott Phu Quoc. Special rates for members advertising with AusCham. Email email@example.com
- Welcome to new member, Phu My Hung Corporation and renewing members: Deloitte Vietnam, Group GSA and Asia Counsel Vietnam Law Company. NGO, Christina Noble and Individual Member, James Mullen.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter. Click to view full version.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: