The heart of HCMC is undergoing a massive transformation at the moment, due to the construction of the Metro Line 1 which will run from Ben Thanh to Suoi Tien. To view the video, click here.
Tunneling commenced last Friday, 26 May 2017 at the Ba Son Shipyard end.
The first three stations will all be underground – Ben Thanh, Opera House and Ba Son Shipyard. And the works above ground are “significant”.
Check out the video with footage shot by AusCham on 29 May 2017.
- Tunneling video: Tuoi Tre News, 26 May 2017
- Photos of Ben Thanh Market and design of new above-ground terminus: Saigoneer
- Photos of viaducts: HCMC Metro Line
- Music: “Olympian” at http://www.purple-planet.com/
- All other video footage: AusCham Vietnam
This is an AusCham in-house video. 29 May 2017.
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: