Australian business people citizens may apply for an Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card (ABTC) on line, effective from 1 July 2017.
The ABTC gives business people faster and easier entry to economies of the Asia-Pacific region. The ABTC:
- identifies your passport details
- lists the economies you can enter and stay in (for a period of up to 60 or 90 days, depending on the economy) without separately applying for a visa
- provides access to fast-track entry and exit lanes at major airports of participating economies
- is valid for three years from the date of issue, or until your passport expires, whichever is earlier.
Note: applications lodged on or after 1 September 2015 are to be granted an ABTC valid for five years.
Details, terms and conditions
- Click here for the APEC Business Travel Card page of the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection website
- Download a copy of the application form by clicking here.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: