Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [01 Apr 2016]
Dear Members and Friends
- Congratulations to Ms Chau Ta who last Friday was elected as AusCham’s President for 2016/17. Mr David Carter will be Vice President, Ms Tran Thi Thuy Ha Treasurer and Mr Minh Duong Secretary. First Board Meeting: 12 April.
- Factory tour of Interflour next Wed, 6 April. Interflour is the largest importer of Australian wheat in Vietnam. Email Now:email@example.com
- The Australian business chambers across ASEAN will conduct a joint survey re the business sentiment of our members. Survey to be forwarded to all Aus(t)Cham members next week.
- During the week, a mining delegation from Australia attended the Vietnam Mining Exhibition in Hanoi. AusCham is exploring a proposal with industry, Austrade and RMIT to organise a Mining Symposium in Q3.
- Should you or a key member of staff be doing an Executive MBA? For the second year, one AusCham-RMIT Executive MBA Scholarship is available. Only open to staff of AusCham’s member companies. Information session in HCMC on 21 April.
- Bribery and corruption are, again, big news back in Australia this week with revelations of Australian links in the Unaoil scandal. Austrade and AusCham will be holding anti bribery and corruption seminars in HN and HCM on 7 & 10 June.
- ANZ Vietnam celebrates two years of Project 3E (Educate. Enrich. Employ)
- Last weekend, former soldiers from the Australian Army, South Vietnamese Air Force and Regiment 33 NVA met as friends in Vung Tau. AusCham is a supporter of the 50th Anniversary Long Tan Gala Dinner which will be held in Vung Tau on 18 August.
- Special thanks to Banyan Tree Lang Co, Crown Worldwide (which helped shift the AusCham HCMC office last week) and RMIT University for their support (see below).
- Thank you to renewing Corporate Members: University of South Australia and Vietnam Supply Chain.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: