[16 April, 2015] Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns
- Yesterday, ABC International confirmed with AusCham that it would live stream the ANZAC Dawn Service at Gallipoli on abc.net.au Click here.
- Tomorrow we kick off with the 2nd Annual ANZAC Great Debate in HCMC to find out if New Zealand should become a state of Australia. Later in the week, there will be the Motherlanz ANZAC Music Night (community event). On ANZAC Day, Saturday 25 April, there will be Dawn Services in Hanoi, HCMC and at the Long Tan Cross. The same day, in Vung Tau, the 6th Annual ANZAC Friendship Match will be played (community event).
- Tomorrow in Hoi An, AusCham will host a seminar on Property / land ownership and visas for foreigners.
- On Saturday, the community in Hanoi will host the Australiana Ball.
- NS Bluescope has invited fellow AusCham members and RMIT University’s alumni to tour its Phu My factory (near Vung Tau) on 6 May. Complimentary lunch and bus from HCMC provided. Click here. Limited to 20 pax.
- The Urban Development of HCMC Session will be held on 15 May. If you have a question of the HCMC Department of Urban Planning & Architecture, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Selected questions will be answered at the event and/or included in an article to be published in the Vietnam Investment Review on 11 May, 2015.
- Last Monday in Hanoi, Ambassador, Hugh Borrowman held a private function in his Residence for AusCham’s Directors, Sponsors and stakeholders and provided an update regarding Prime Minister Dung’s recent visit to Australia.
- At last Tuesday’s monthly meeting, the Board formally invited Quentin Derrick and Michael Johnston to continue as AusCham’s Representatives for Danang and Hue respectively. Pleasingly, both Representatives accepted!
- Welcome to Salinda Premium Phu Quoc Island which is offering a super offer for May. See advertisement below.