On 31 July 2018, the State Bank of Vietnam issued Circular No. 16/2018/TT-NHNN amending and supplementing Circular 36/2014/TTNHNN providing prudential ratios and limits for operations of credit institutions and branches of foreign banks with the following key points:
• Minimum safety ratios and limits in banking operations can be calculated based on exchange rates used for converting foreign currencies into VND and USD.
• Banks and branches of foreign banks must ensure that the maximum ratio of short term capital used for medium term and longterm lending is not in excess of 45% in 2018 and 40% in 2019. For nonbank credit institutions, such ratio must not exceed 90%.
Circular 16 took immediate effect on 31 July 2018.
Standards for principals
Circular No. 14/2018/TT-BGDDT was issued on 20 July 2018 providing standards for general education school principals (“Circular 14”). Under Circular 14 a prospective principal must meet professional quality and capability requirements to lead and administer a school, including:
• Standard 1: Professional qualities
• Standard 2: School administration
• Standard 3: Building of the educational environment
• Standard 4: Development of the relationship between the school, family and society
• Standard 5: Foreign language and information technology usage
Assessment of prospective principals is based on each standard.
Circular 14 takes effect from 04 September 2018.
For more information, click ATT00047
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: