Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [06 Aug 2015]
Dear Members and Friends
- Sundowners tonight in Hanoi and HCMC. I am still in Hanoi and look forward to meeting Hanoi members and friends.
- Busy week in Hanoi preparing for September’s Real Estate Symposia. Meetings with current Vice Minister of Construction; former Vice Minister of Construction and President of Vietnam Real Estate Association; and General Director of Vietnam Asset Management Company. All confirmed to join Symposia.
- Yesterday, Ms Hang and I toured the Dinh Vu Industrial Zone and SSE Steel (AusCham Members) in Hai Phong. Hai Phong already has an airport with full sized runway. The new expressway will be completed at the end of this year reducing travel time to Hanoi to just one hour. The deep sea port (14m – equal to the deepest port in the Middle East) will open in 2017. Dinh Vu will have an Open Day on 28 October (details to follow). Possibly, SSE Steel will have an Open Day in the New Year.
- Last Saturday, AusCham’s members toured two food factories in HCMC: Saigon Food and Cholimex. Thank you to organiser, HAWEE (HCMC Women’s Association of Executives and Entrepreneurs).
- Tour to Bluescope Steel in Phu My (near Vung Tau), confirmed for 26 August.
- Special thank you and best wishes to AusCham’s Marketing Manager, Linh Phuong who has submitted her resignation and will finish at the end of August
- Vacancies – Aussie Alumni wanted! AusCham – Marketing Manager. Cintac Timber, Sales Manager and accountant.
- Special welcome to new SME Member, Skill Wise Global. Thank you to renewing Alumna, Nguyen Huyen Chau.
- Please see messages below from Members, Banyan Tree Lang Co and Western Australian Primary and High School. Also, non member, Vietnam Airlines (Northern Office).
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: