Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [20 Aug 2015]
Dear Members & friends,
- Tickets to AusCham’s Annual Real Estate Symposia now on sale as well as sponsorships. For full details, click on HCMC or Hanoi.
- Sponsorship packages for the 2015 AusCham Scramble – in Hanoi, Danang and HCMC on AFL Grand Final Eve (Friday 2 October) are now available.
- Interest in the pre Sundowners event on 3 Sept, Doing Business in Laos, is generating attention. The Country Manager for Horton International Executive Recruitment (AusCham Member) in Lao will fly into HCMC to listen to the Australian Ambassador to Laos and the President of AustCham in Laos speak. Video conferencing facilities will allow Hanoi to watch live.
- Number of people attending the Vietnam Veterans’ Day Service at the Long Tan Cross during the week were down as people in Australia prepare for next year’s 50th Anniversary. A Gala Dinner in Vung Tau commemorating the 50th Anniversary will be held next year. Already, some big names have confirmed their attendance. Click here for further details.
- A copy of the Australian Ambassador’s speech which he delivered at the Long Tan Service during the week is expected to be posted on the AusCham website by the end of the week.
- Deadline for charities to submit applications for funding closes on Friday 21 August.
- 5 more spots available for AusCham Members to join the BlueScope Factory tour. Click here for details.
- Welcome to new member, GradConnection which makes it easier for employers to find Australian Alumni while they are still in Australia.
- Thank you to members Banyan Tree Lang Co and the West Australian Primary and High School. Also to the Vietnam USA Society English Center.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: