|Dear Members,As per the requirements of the Charters for the Hanoi and HCMC Chapters, we formally give one month’s notice of each Chapter’s respective Annual General Meetings (AGM) which will be held simultaneously on Wednesday, 26 March at 6pm.
· In Hanoi, the AGM will be held in the Tintuc Room, 1st Floor, Press Club, 59A Ly Thai To, HoanKiem, District.*
· In HCMC, the AGM will be held in Salon 1, Mezzanine Floor, Park Hyatt Hotel, 2 Lam Son Square, District 1.*
|Proposal to form a single National Board to be elected jointly by the membership as a wholeAt this year’s AGMs, both Chapters will formally recommend to the membership that the two city chapters be managed by a single National Board to be elected jointly by the membership as a whole. Voting to adopt the amended charter – to be made available by Wednesday 5 March – will codify this recommendation.
This recommendation has not been put forward by the Hanoi and HCMC chapters without a great deal of discussion and deliberation. In fact, it was at last year’s respective AGMs that a resolution was passed for the two committees:
“to review options for improving the efficiency of the of the current AusCham national and chapter management structure including the feasibility of unifying the two current Chapter Committees into a single (National) Chapter Committee and to present (each Chapter’s) recommendation to the membership for decision at or before the next AGM (2014).”
For the proposal to be carried, each chapter requires a quorum of 25 per cent and a two thirds majority voting in support. That is a big hurdle.
Accordingly, the Hanoi and HCMC Chapters urge all voting members to consider this issue and then cast your vote as you see fit. It is vital that we achieve our quorum to have a meaningful vote on how our members would like their AusCham to be managed.
Video Message from National President, TareqMuhmood
To see a video message from the National President, TareqMuhmood, about the importance of this issue, please follow the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEav-8BLb68
|Attached hyperlinked documents (please click) for Hanoi
Agenda for Hanoi / HCMC
1. Chapter Chairman’s Report regarding the activities of the Chapter since the last AGM
2. Chapter Chairman’s Report regarding proposed activities for the coming year
3. Chapter Treasurer’s Report regarding the financial position for the year ended 31 December 2013 and proposed budget for year ended 31 December 2014
4. To vote on a motion put forward by the HCMC and Hanoi Chapters formally recommending to the membership that the two city chapters be managed by a single National Board to be elected jointly by the membership as a whole. Voting to adopt the amended charter – to be made available by Wednesday 5 March – will codify this recommendation.
5. To elect a National Board if the motion outlined above in Agenda Item No. 4 is carried. Or, if the motion is defeated, to elect a Hanoi / HCMC Chapter Committee. Irrespective of which election takes place, the Board / Committee members will hold office from this date until 31 March 2014.
6. To appoint an auditor
7. To transact any other business properly brought forward at the AGM
Please note, any member of either Chapter of AusCham who wishes to add an item to the agenda may do so by giving notice to me, the National Executive Director, by email, no later than Wednesday 12 March 2014 (14 days before the AGM).
Should you require any further information, including nominating to become a Director, please contact:
·Hanoi Chairman, David Whitehead: email@example.com
·National Executive Director, Phil Johns: firstname.lastname@example.org