AusCham is delighted to confirm that, last Friday, 25 March 2016, the Board elected Ms Chau Ta (HCMC-based; Legal Counsel – Transactions, SC Capital) as its new President. Chau will formally take over from resigning President, Brian O’Reilly at the next Board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, 12 April, 2016.
Also, Mr David Carter (Hanoi-based; CEO, AON Insurance) was elected unopposed as Vice President. David will take over from the retiring Giles Cooper also at the next Board Meeting.
Both Brian and Giles will continue on the Board as directors.
Brian conveyed his congratulations to Chau and David adding that it was “great to see fresh new leadership on the Board”.
Chau is an Australian Viet Kieu lawyer who specialises in real estate investments/transactions throughout Asia, including Vietnam and Australia. She is married to a Vietnamese and has been living and working in Vietnam for nine years. Chau has been an AusCham Director for the past three years.
Treasurer – Ms Tran Thi Thuy Ha
For the position of Treasurer, Ms Tran Thi Thuy Ha (Head of Alternative Distribution, ANZ Vietnam) was re-elected unopposed.
Secretary – Mr Minh Duong
For the position of Secretary, Mr Minh Duong (Partner – Asia Counsel) was elected unopposed. Mr Minh has previously served on AusCham’s Board back in 2011. Mr Minh replaces Jamie Rossall as Secretary. Jamie retired from the Board at the last election.
The Full Board 2016/17
- PRESIDENT: Chau Ta (HCM) – Legal Counsel-Transactions, SC Capital
- VICE PRESIDENT: David Carter (HN) – Chief Executive Officer, AON Vietnam
- TREASURER: Tran Thi Thuy Ha (HCM) – Head of Alternative Distribution, ANZ Vietnam
- SECRETARY: Minh Duong (HCM) – Partner, Asia Counsel
- Adam McDonald (HN) – General Manager, InterContinental Hanoi Westlake
- Brian O’Reilly (HCM) – Managing Director, SEA Management Consulting
- Giles Cooper (HN) – Partner, Duane Morris
- Greg Ohan (HCM) – Senior Director, CBRE Vietnam
- Jason Turnbull (HCM) – Managing Director of Inspire Advisory Group
- Matthew Lourey (HCM) – Managing Partner, Domicile Corporate Services
- Phillip Dowler (HN) – Head of Campus, RMIT University
- Ray Gordon (Professor) (HCM) – Head of Centre for Commerce and Management, RMIT University
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: