At its meeting on 10 March, 2015, the Board resolved to update the criteria for selecting beneficiaries under its Charity Policy to fund sustainable (where appropriate) charitable projects that aim to alleviate poverty, raise living standards, create opportunities or provide crisis relief in affected communities.
The Board resolved that charitable projects should meet the following criteria:
- They have an Australian connection or are a Vietnamese NGO
- They are sustainable (focus on investment rather than expenditure)
- They are grass roots
- They are operated by charities with administrations that are voluntary or consume less than 15 per cent of revenue
- They do not receive large corporate funding and their funding requirements are similar, or less, to the funding already being generated
- Preferably, not be aligned with or represented as Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs
For information purposes only, this revised policy was then presented to the Annual General Meetings of the Hanoi and HCMC Chapters on 24 March 2015.