Yesterday, AusCham’s President, Brian O’Reilly confirmed to our Board that AusCham, represented by Giles Cooper, will now have a seat on the VBF Board, representing all Associate Members.
Mr O’Reilly wrote:
It is with great pleasure that I announce that AusCham, with Mr Cooper at the helm, has been elected to the Vietnam Business Forum’s (VBF) Consortium Management Board for 2015.
Giles has extensive experience with the VBF and will be a great Ambassador, not only for AusCham, but all of the Associate members of the VBF.
A vacancy for one voting seat on the VBF Board was created for an Associate Member to fill when the Japanese Business Association upgraded its membership to Consortium Member.
The position filled by AusCham is a representative position on behalf of all Associate members as detailed below:
- Australian Chamber of Commerce
- British Business Group in Vietnam (BBGV)
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (CanCham Vietnam)
- China Business Association – Ho Chi Minh City Branch (CBAH)
- Council of Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (CTCCV)
- Indian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (InCham Vietnam)
- Hanoi Young Business Association (HYBA)
- Hong Kong Business Association Vietnam (HKBAV)
- Nordic Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (NordCham Vietnam)
- Singapore Business Group (SBG)
- Swiss Business Association (SBA)
For further information
- Click here for the VBF’s website
- AusCham nominates Giles Cooper for one Voting Seat on the VBF Board, AusCham website, 14 April 2015
Photo caption: Giles Cooper