As you may be aware, the Japanese Business Association in Vietnam has upgraded its membership of the Vietnam Business Forum (VBF) from Associate Member to Consortium Member, effective from April 1, 2015.
The upgraded membership has created a vacancy for one (1) voting seat at the VBF Board for an Associate Member to fill. AusCham is one of 11 Associate Members – see below.
- Australian Chamber of Commerce
- British Business Group in Vietnam (BBGV)
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (CanCham Vietnam)
- China Business Association – Ho Chi Minh City Branch (CBAH)
- Council of Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (CTCCV)
- Indian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (InCham Vietnam)
- Hanoi Young Business Association (HYBA)
- Hong Kong Business Association Vietnam (HKBAV)
- Nordic Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (NordCham Vietnam)
- Singapore Business Group (SBG)
- Swiss Business Association (SBA)
AusCham has nominated Vice President Giles Cooper for the vacant position. In total, the VBF Secretariat received four nominations by yesterday’s deadline. The four nominees are:
- GILES T. COOPER, Partner of Duane Morris Vietnam, representing the Australian Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (AusCham Vietnam);
- INDRONIL SENGUPTA, CEO of Tata Sons, representing the Indian Business Chamber in Vietnam – InCham Hanoi;
- MIAO REN LAI, Chairman of the China Business Association Ho Chi Minh City (CBAH), representing CBAH; and
- TRAN ANH VUONG, Chairman and CEO of Bac Viet Steel JSC, representing Hanoi Young Business Association (HYBA).
The new Board Member will be elected by a majority of the votes cast by the eleven VBF Associate Members (one vote per Associate Member).
The ballot will close at 5pm on Friday 17 April 2015.