[Caption: Ms Chau Ta at the HCMC AGM last night, was re-elected unopposed as President for 2017. David carter in Hanoi will be the 2017 Vice President; Matthew Lourey will be the Treasurer and Minh Duong will be the Secretary.]
Last night, 28 March 2017, AusCham’s AGM for 2017 was held simultaneously in Hanoi and HCMC.
As previously advised on 20 March 2017, the make up of the new Board was determined at 3pm on Monday 20 March when nominations had closed with the number of nominations in Hanoi (four) and HCMC (eight) equalling exactly the number of vacancies in each city (see board members further below).
It was then revealed that the new Board had confirmed the positions of office bearers by the Executive Director calling for nominations by email with each of the Directors. The office bearers in 2016 were all nominated again and with no further nominations being received, were declared elected unopposed.
2017 Office Bearers
- President – Ms Chau Ta (HCMC)
- Vice President – Mr David Carter (Hanoi)
- Treasurer – Matthew Lourey
- Secretary – Minh Duong
Note 1: Under AusCham’s Charter the President and Vice President must be registered to different Chapters and must have served as National Board members and /or members of a former Chapter Committee for at least 12 months (unless no current National Board member satisfies such requirement).
Note 2: The positions of Treasurer and Secretary are open to all Board Members. Single nominations were received for both positions.
- Mr Brian O’Reilly: Managing Director – SEA Management Consulting Company (2016 AusCham Director (HCMC))
- Ms Cecilia Tran Dang, Head of Business Banking, ANZ Vietnam (2016 AusCham Director (HCMC))
- Ms Chau Ta: Legal Counsel Transactions, SC Capital (2016 AusCham President (HCMC))
- Mr Greg Ohan: Director, JLL (Jones Lang Lang Lasalle) (2016 AusCham Director (HCMC))
- Mr David Carter: CEO, Aon Vietnam (2016 AusCham Vice President (Hanoi))
- Mr Giles Cooper: Partner, Duane Morris Vietnam (2016 AusCham Director (Hanoi))
- Mr Matthew Lourey: Managing Partner, Domicile Corporate Services (2016 AusCham Treasurer (HCMC))
- Minh Duong: Partner, Asia Counsel Vietnam Law Company (2016 AusCham Secretary (HCMC))
- Mr Phillip Dowler OAM, CPA: Head of Campus – Hanoi, RMIT University (2016 AusCham Director (Hanoi))
- Mr Robert King: Tax Partner / Tax Leader Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, EY Vietnam (HCMC)
- Shane O’Connor: General Director, Commonwealth Bank Vietnam (HCMC)
- Ms Tori Dixon-Whittle: Managing Director, TDWCo (2016 AusCham Director (Hanoi))
“Motion of Thanks to Directors and Staff”
In HCMC, a motion of “Thanks to all Directors and Staff of AusCham” was moved by Wayne Bannon (former President, HCMC Chapter) and seconded by Patrick Downer (Life Member).
Download the 2017 AGM Presentation
- Click to download the AGM 2017 presentation
For all documents related to the 2017 AGM
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes:
- Business News
- AusCham Business
- Video (incl. AusCham Cam)
- Vietnam Business Forum
- Member News
- Alumni Business
- Alumni Jobs
- Snapshot Australian Business
- Social News