AusCham is delighted to support the 2015 Higher Education to Employment Fair, organised by AusCham Member ATS which will be held in Hanoi on 16 July and HCMC on 17 July 2015. The Fair is aimed at postgraduate students.
AusCham and ATS launched this initiative in HCMC on 11 November 2014.
Traditionally, these fairs have focused exclusively on the individual universities and the courses being offered. By introducing employers (AusCham Members), students and parents can now speak directly with industry in Vietnam about the skill sets and qualifications they value in candidates when they consider offering jobs. It also allows universities to speak directly with industry as well.
At this particular fair, the following AusCham Members will be represented:
Hanoi – Nikko Hanoi Hotel, 84 Tran Nhan Tong, Hai Ba Trung, 13.30-18.00hrs, 15 July 2015
HCMC – Liberty Central, 59 Pasteur Str, D1 – 13.30-18.00hrs, 16 July 2015
Further information about the 2015 Higher Education to Employment Fairs
With 21,987 students currently studying in Australia and 8,585 student visas granted offshore for the period of 2013-2014, Vietnam continues to be the third largest source country for international students in Australia.
Higher education continues to be the largest area of demand for Vietnamese students, with 6,438, or 75 per cent of the total visas granted. According to AEI’s International Student Data, in 2014, 12,009 Vietnamese students enrolled in higher education, of whom 3,922 participated in Postgraduate education.
In recent years, as the employment market has become increasingly competitive, many people have turned to higher education, especially at the postgraduate level, to boost the career prospects of their children or themselves.
Building on the successful Education to Employment Fair in 2014, the first of its kind in the promotion of Australian Higher Education and the Employment opportunities, ATS, supported by AusCham, will hold a similar event with special focus on Postgraduate education.
See list below for attending universities.
PARTICIPATING AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITIES – AUSCHAM MEMBERS
- RMIT University Vietnam (HCMC) (RMIT University Vietnam is also a 2015-16 Titanium Sponsor)
- Deakin University (HN + HCMC)
- Swinburne University of Technology (HN + HCMC)
- The University of New South Wales (HN + HCMC)
- The University of South Australia (HCMC)
- The University of Sydney (HCMC)
PARTICIPATING AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITIES – NON MEMBERS
- University of Melbourne (HN + HCMC)
- La Trobe University (HN + HCMC)
- Monash University (HN + HCMC)
- University of Wollongong (HN + HCMC)
- Macquarie University (HCMC)
- University of Technology, Sydney (HCMC)
- James Cook University, Brisbane (HN + HCMC)
- University of Tasmania (HN + HCMC)
- Study Group (HN + HCMC)
- Le Cordon Bleu (HN + HCMC)
- Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (HN + HCMC)
- Insearch (HCMC)
- EduCo (HN + HCMC)
- Griffith University (HCMC)
- Navitas (HN + HCMC)
- Harwig Air Flying School – click here for more details!