AusCham will host Welcome Back Aussie Alumni events on Sunday, 1 February, 2015, from 2pm-6pm.
The events will be held simultaneously in Hanoi, Danang, Nha Trang and HCMC (AusCham is a national chamber).
- HCMC: PULLMAN SAIGON CENTRE, 148 Tran Hung Dao, District 1
- Hanoi: Le Panorama, 19th floor, SOFITEL PLAZA HANOI, 1 Thanh Nien, Truc Bach, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Danang: Al Fresco’s Restaurant, 178 Tran Phu Street, Hai Chau
- Nha Trang: Intercontinental Hotel, 32 – 34 Tran Phu, Trần Phú, Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa
The day is designed to bring together fresh graduates with Australian qualifications (from Australia and Vietnam), senior alumni and employers looking to recruit staff with Australian qualifications.
When the 26,000 Vietnamese students in Australia speak about returning to Vietnam, they often speak of their concerns about:
- Finding suitable employment; and
- Experiencing some reverse culture shock issues while readjusting to life back here.
That’s where our established alumni (perhaps up to 50,000 back in Vietnam) and employers can add value.
The Welcome Back Aussie Alumni events on Sunday, 1 February were chosen for two reasons:
- It’s in the lead up to TET – when students / graduates are returning
- We will be able to include a live telecast of the Men’s Final of the Australian Tennis Open.
Screening the live telecast of the Australian Open in the background is a way of demonstrating that our two countries are virtually in the same time zone. It also acts as a reminder of what we all share: an Australian background and history.
These Welcome Back Aussie Alumni events are a pilot and we are confident of them becoming an annual event.
For the latest news on the Welcome Back Aussie Alumni events, click here.