The Australian Chamber of Commerce is a registered organization in Vietnam that seeks to support and encourage Australian business interests in Vietnam. With 300 member organisations, and 800 voting individuals, Auscham prides itself in its professionalism and leadership in the Vietnamese business environment supporting Australian businesses.
The role of the HM is to represent the Chambers activities in Hanoi and northern Vietnam. In doing so it is expected that the HM will be able to develop strong relationships with members, business leaders, and government representatives.
Reports to: Executive Director
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, as required by Executive Director
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications of similar organisations
- Business development including the recruitment and retention of members and sponsors in Hanoi and northern Vietnam.
- Develop contacts with the media.
- Develop contacts with other business chambers in Hanoi, ensuring events complement and do not compete in similar time frames and exploring opportunities for collaboration where appropriate.
- Respond to membership enquiries
- Organise and co-ordinate, in conjunction with HCMC staff, member events including but not limited to Business Briefings, Sundowners and ad hoc events
- Provide support to Hanoi-based AusCham Directors, including coordinating and attending Board meetings.
- Attend member, sponsor and government functions, as appropriate.
- Other functions and tasks as requested by Executive Director
- Develop a broad understanding of the bureaucratic process as it applies to the Vietnamese Government.
- Establish and maintain close contact with the key Vietnamese government agencies including the VCCI.
- Attend to all AusCham Hanoi office duties
- Respond to e-mail, phone, fax, and “walk in” enquiries regarding AusCham
- General office duties, including payment of local bills, filing, etc
- Other administrative tasks as requested by Executive Director
Education / qualifications
- University degree in business, marketing or communications
- TOEIC level 800 or equivalent
- Ability to work alone and in a self-directed manner
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a membership organisation where English is the primary communication language
- Time in Australia (study or work) is an advantage
- Above-average proficiency in written and spoken English, and English comprehension; fluent in Vietnamese
- Understanding of Vietnamese business environment
- Excellent networking skills
- Cheerful and outgoing personality
- Customer service orientation
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Data and information management skills
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: