***Note: Specifically, the Executive Director will have demonstrable experience in a commercial and leadership role in Vietnam, have strong networking and communication skills, have an Australian connection, and show vision and leadership skills that can drive the Chamber forward.
OVERVIEW – “EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR” JOB DESCRIPTION
The Australian Chamber of Commerce is a registered organization in Vietnam that seeks to support and encourage Australian business interests in Vietnam. With almost 300 member organisations, and over 750 voting individuals, Auscham prides itself in its professionalism and leadership in the Vietnamese business environment supporting Australian connected businesses.
The Auscham Executive Director is a Ho Chi Minh City based role, and is responsible for the implementation of the policies and directions from AusCham’s Board of Directors. Additionally, this role is responsible for reporting on activities undertaken to meet goals and objectives, overseeing Chamber finances, as well as all administrative management activity needed to be conducted on a day-to-day basis. The Executive Director answers to the President of the Board and receives guidance from the board through attendance at the monthly board meeting.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ongoing duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director can be broken down into the following key areas:
- Staff management, recruiting, performance alignment and general staff administration
- Labour compliance, including contracts, insurances and taxes
- Recruitment and induction for new staff
- Vietnamese statutory reporting (annually, and as requested) and license related matters
- Financial management, administration and approvals for ongoing office operations
- Board financial reporting and accountability
- Budgeting, and revisions of budgets
- General office matters (including accommodation and administration)
- Point of contact for external enquiries to Auscham office
- Liaison with other regional Auscham chambers, and with other business chambers within Vietnam
- Liaison with governmental matters – Embassy, Consulate etc
- Liaison with Vietnamese authorities – VCCI, MOFA, etc
- Auscham point of contact for Vietnam Business Forum involvements
- Distribution of information relation to secretariat functions with Board of Directors
- Liaise and co-ordinate visits of relevant interests (foreign visitors, Vietnamese authorities etc) together with relevant directors
- Reporting of Secretariat functions to board
- Management of membership database
- Communication with members, including newsletters, website and app
- Liaison and meetings/discussions with members and potential members
- Selling and processing memberships / upgrades
- Development of sales strategies for memberships
- Reporting of membership, including financial implications
- Representing chamber at events/functions relevant to members
- Membership materials, welcome packs and value attributions for members
Sponsorship and Business Development
- To develop strategies for retaining and servicing existing sponsors
- Identifying and pitching for new sponsors
- Identifying opportunities for Auscham to be involved in activities that increase the profile of the Chamber and/or have a financial benefit
- General Business Development to improve the Chamber and its financial/member position
- To identify business events (business briefings, business luncheons, major events, fireside chats, sundowners, and other events) and ensure that a relevant and focussed event schedule is managed.
- Liaise with corporate partners for undertaking business presentations
- Co-ordinate and arrange all events ensuring they are delivered profitably and appropriately.
- Obtaining licenses for events
- Promoting events, setting budgets, and reporting on outcomes
- Dealing with issues arising from events – including further opportunities for Auscham.
Reporting & Board Interaction
A key element to the role is the reporting to, and interaction with, the Board of Directors and in particular the President of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors represent the members, being voted onto the Board by the members themselves.
The Executive Director will work closely with the Board of Directors, attending events and involving the Board in the key relationship management, enabling the Board’s involvement with members, sponsors, supporters and other stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
Individuals eligible for the Executive Director position must demonstrate the ability to perform these duties through a combination of past work experience and education.
Specifically, the Executive Director will have demonstrable experience in a commercial and leadership role in Vietnam, have strong networking and communication skills, have an Australian connection, and show vision and leadership skills that can drive the Chamber forward.
Salary will be discussed with short-listed applicants commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications are open to individuals of any nationality, however foreign nationals will need to demonstrate in their application that they have previously held a Work Permit in Vietnam or meet the requirements to be eligible to apply for a Work Permit.
Applications can be sent directly to the National President: email@example.com
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: