On 5 August 2015, AusCham’s Executive Director, Phil Johns and Hanoi Manager, Nguyen Minh Hang travelled to Hai Phong to visit two members: SSE Steel and Dinh Vu Industrial Zone (DVIZ).
* For more photos, visit the dedicated photo album on AusCham’s Facebook page.
Hai Phong – Red River Delta Region of Northern Vietnam
Hai Phong is another area in the Red River Delta Region of Northern Vietnam that is developing rapidly. Here are some brief facts:
- The local airport has been upgraded to cater for 747 aircraft and can act as a back up to Hanoi’s Noi Bai Airport
- The new expressway linking Hai Phong to Hanoi will be open by the end of 2015 and will reduce travel time to one hour
- The new deep sea port, due for completion in 2017, will have a depth of 14m – equal to the deepest port in the Middle East. It will be able to receive vessels of up to 100,000 DWT (deadweight tonnage)
The Dinh Vu Industrial Zone (DVIZ)
The DVIZ is an integrated industrial development designed to provide an ideal and solid establishment for international investors.
Tyre manufacturer, Bridgestone, for example, is currently building a USD1.2 billion facility in the Industrial Zone.
DVIZ is organising an investment promotion event for 28 October 2015 and AusCham will forward details to members as they come to hand.
SSE Steel – Subsidiary company of Vietnam Industrial Investment
AusCham also visited SSE Steel which manufactures reinforcing steel (rebar) and wire rod for concrete construction.
Sister companies of SSE Steel include that fall under the holding company, Vietnam Industrial Investment:
- Austnam JSC – Steel roofing, cladding and roofing accessories – industrial buildings
- Total Building Systems Ltd – Commercial and industrial buildings from design, fabrication to construction; and insulated panel buildings for mining camps
- Vinausteel Ltd – Reinforcing steel (Rebar) for concrete construction
Additional photos of tour – Click onto AusCham’s Facebook Album.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: