[15 December 2015]
The Australian Consulate-General is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EXPECTED VACANCY – AUSTRALIAN CONSULATE-GENERAL
HO CHI MINH CITY
ECONOMIC AND TRADE OFFICER/INTERPRETER
PN HCHI008 – LE 4
Monthly salary range: VND 26,928,611 – VND 30,175,118
The Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking a self motivated and well-organised qualified candidate for an expected vacancy to fill the position of Economic and Trade Officer/Interpreter. This position will be offered to the successful candidate on a contractual basis.
Selection for this position will be based on merit and judged against the following specific selection criteria.
- You must have highly developed liaison and interpersonal skills, with a range of interlocutors or clients and high level officials in local and foreign government agencies or multinational organisations and an ability to represent the organisation at high level meetings. What would really make you stand out is experience with the
- Excellent oral and written communication in both English and Vietnamese; the ability to provide high quality translation and interpretation in English and Vietnamese. What would really make you stand out is that you have studied or worked in Australia and have a solid understanding of Australian culture.
- Ability to undertake research, analyse and report on complex issues involving economic, trade and investment developments. What would really make you stand out is relevant educational and/or work experience demonstrating your solid knowledge of Vietnamese and international economics and developments.
- Highly developed organisational skills, including time management skills and the ability to handle pressure while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- A pro-active working style that is flexible and team-oriented.
- You must have experience using the Microsoft Office suite of programs and competence in using IT equipment effectively.
To be considered for interview, applicants must address each of these selection criteria individually to a maximum of two pages. Applicants that fail to address the selection criteria or include referees will not be considered.
Only electronic applications will be accepted and should be submitted via email (max. 2 MB) to: HCHI.Jobs@dfat.gov.au
The subject title of your application should be: ECONOMIC AND TRADE OFFICER/INTERPRETER POSITION (insert your name here).
Your email must include the following attachments:
- Written statement addressing each point of the selection criteria
- Resume (with at least two referees including email and telephone contacts)
- Supporting documents as evidence of resume claims, for example academic transcripts.
Download the Position Description
Closing date for applications
- 8 January 2016.
Applicants will be shortlisted and may be requested to undergo English language testing prior to an interview with the selection panel.
Other vacancies at Australian Consulate-General
- To view other vacancies, click here.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: