EXPECTED VACANCY – AUSTRALIAN CONSULATE-GENERAL, HO CHI MINH CITY
CONSULAR AND PASSPORTS MANAGER
PN HCHI014 – LES5
Monthly salary range: VND 31,316,903 – VND 36,927,043
The Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking a self-motivated, well-organised and qualified candidate for an expected vacancy to fill the position of Consular and Passports Manager. This role is both
challenging and rewarding and we are looking for someone who has a proven ability to lead a team in a highly focused customer service area. You must be able to show us that your professional skills can motivate staff and
foster a high standard of customer service, even when working under pressure or in distressing circumstances. The Consular and Passport area is the customer service face of the organisation and you will be working closely with our clients on a daily basis; a true desire to help others is a must for this role.
This position will be offered to the successful candidate on a contractual basis. Selection for this position will be based on merit and judged against the following specific selection criteria.
1. You must have highly advanced communication skills with experience in translating and interpreting technical, legal and medical information between English and Vietnamese, both in the office and when liaising with government officials and agencies.
What would really make you stand out is that you have studied or worked in Australia or for an Australian or other diplomatic mission in Vietnam where you have been involved with multiple consular cases, and that have a solid understanding of Australian culture.
2. You must have a proven ability to lead a team, determine priorities and work effectively with your colleagues to achieve competing priorities. You should be able to demonstrate your sound judgement in achieving both your own and your team’s work, an ability to understand and implement specified procedures and identify possible risks that could affect outcomes, as well as coach and train staff and set performance management targets with each member of your team.
What would really make you stand out is strong, demonstrated leadership.
3. You must be passionate about customer service and have demonstrated work experience and/or educational training that highlight your skills.
What would really make you stand out is experience with helping clients through distressing or difficult situations.
4. You must have extensive experience liaising with high level officials in local, foreign government agencies or multinational organisations and an ability to represent the organisation at high level meetings.
What would really make you stand out is experience with the diplomatic community.
5. You must have experience using the Microsoft Office suite of programs and competence in using IT equipment effectively.
To be considered for interview, applicants must address their claims to the above selection criteria in a statement of no more than 1,000 words.
Applicants who fail to directly address the selection criteria or who do not include referees will not be considered.
Only electronic applications will be accepted and should be submitted via email (max. 2 MB) to:
With the subject title of: CONSULAR AND PASSPORTS MANAGER POSITION (insert your name here)
Your email covering letter must include the following attachments:
- Written statement addressing each point of the selection criteria
- Resume (with referees including email and telephone contacts)
- Supporting documents, evidence of resume claims
Position Description for this position is available on the Consulate web address: http://www.hcmc.vietnam.embassy.gov.au/hchi/home.html
Closing date for applications is 7 March 2016.
Applicants will be shortlisted may be requested to undergo English-language testing prior to group and/or selection panel interview.
- Selection Criteria – Consular and Passport Manager 2016 (2)
- PN HCHI014 DFAT PD Consular Passports Manager – LE5 – HCMC (2)
Note. The Australian Consulate-General is a member of AusCham.