Victoria University, an AusCham Member, is currently seeking an In-Country Manager. Details below.
IN-COUNTRY MANAGER, VIETNAM
For the most up to date and most comprehensive information, please click here to visit Victoria University’s dedicated website page!
The role of the In-country Manager, Vietnam is to support the recruitment of quality Vietnamese students into Victoria University’s (VU) courses delivered in Melbourne. Working closely with the Regional Recruitment Manager with responsibility for Southeast Asia, the role develops, implements and evaluates Victoria University’s (VU) recruitment activities in Southeast Asia, with a particular focus on Vietnam.
The role is responsible for ensuring that the activities are consistent with the University’s international strategy and the annual Vietnam County Plan and that they are delivered on time, to budget and to standard.
Whilst the role will be based in Vietnam, travel to other destinations to support the University’s recruitment activities may be required. The role will be required to travel periodically to Australia.
Considerable travel within Vietnam will be a requirement.
The successful candidate will be engaged as a contractor to the University, with accountability to the Regional Recruitment Manager.
Under the broad direction of the Regional Recruitment Manager, Victoria University International, the In-country Representative, Vietnam will be required to:
- Represent Victoria University on an exclusive basis.
- Identify and maximise student recruitment opportunities for the University in Vietnam, contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of recruitment plans and promotional activities.
- Attend and coordinate student recruitment activities throughout Vietnam, including interview programs and education fairs, providing prospective students and other stakeholders with relevant and accurate advice regarding Victoria University’s offer.
- Build and maintain recruitment channel opportunities with key external stakeholders and partners, including agents, partner institutions, sponsor bodies, government agencies and feeder education institutions, to maximise the transfer of students to the University.
- Provide advice to the University regarding digital marketing opportunities and support the University’s social media activities targetting Vietnamese students.
- Assess applications and issue offers of admission using the templates provided by the University, in accordance with the guidelines and procedures prescribed by the University.
- Create and maintain student files ensuring that individual applicant records are accurate and current.
- Conduct integrity checks of prospective students, on behalf of the University, to ensure that they meet the requirements of a Genuine Temporary Entrant.
- Provide recommendations to the Senior Manager, International Recruitment, Senior Manager, International Admissions and the Regional Recruitment Manager regarding VU’s admissions requirements (academic and English language), to minimise the recruitment of high-risk students to the University.
- Conduct campaigns to maximise the conversion rate at each stage of the student lifecycle, with a particular focus on increasing the offer to acceptance rate.
- Provide advice to the Regional Recruitment Manager regarding the development and delivery of pre-enrolment information, with a particular emphasis on pathway and transfer students.
- Provide a monthly activity report of activities undertaken on a daily basis and of relevant market updates, as well as produce and interpret student data.
- Maintain up-to-date information on all relevant scholarship schemes in Australia and Vietnam, as well as other relevant sponsors.
- Assist the University in monitoring compliance by its education agents in Vietnam with the ESOS Act 2000 and National Code 2007.
- Assist in the facilitation of visits by University employees, as required.
- Undertake other relevant activities by the University, as required.
- A tertiary qualification and extensive relevant work experience in international student recruitment, preferably with an Australian focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian Government policy affecting international students and the Australian higher education sector, as well as an understanding of the student recruitment environment in Vietnam and knowledge of the high school, vocational education and university sectors in Vietnam.
- Capacity to build effective and collaborative working relationships with external stakeholders, including agents, government ministries and universities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Vietnamese (native) and English (fluent), including the ability to make effective presentations, counsel students and their parents and produce high quality written documents and reports.
- Proficiency in all aspects of word processing, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, together with the skill base to quickly gain working knowledge of any external or University-based online system or database.
- The ability to produce and analyse statistical information and interpret that data for a range of audiences, identifying opportunities and threats.
- High level organisational, interpersonal and liaison skills and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement OHS policies, procedures and safe work practices.
- Willingness to commit to Victoria University’s values which are:
⋅ Values – Access, Excellence, Respect
⋅ Behaviours – Engagement, Collegiality, Courage
Original Position Description, PDF format
Friday, 4 March 2016
Applying for the position
For full details on how to apply, please visit the dedicated page on the Victoria University website.