Fraser Thompson (far right in photo above), President of AustCham ASEAN reports on “a terrific set of discussions with ASEAN over this past week in Manila on behalf of AustCham ASEAN”. See below.
Highlights of the week included:
- We launched AustCham ASEAN in the Philippines with Australian Trade Minister Steven Ciobo, who was extremely enthusiastic about our Chamber.
- We had a press conference with 30 (yes 30!) media outlets, including Bloomberg and CNN
- We shared the insights from our business survey at the AEM-CER, which comprises the Ministers of Trade and Industry from each ASEAN Member States, plus Australia and NZ. It was the first time since 2003 that the private sector has been invited to join this
- We were represented at the ASEAN Business Advisory Council (ABAC) meetings (and other meetings) during the week
- We participated in a roundtable with Australian business in the Philippines.
AustCham ASEAN is also considering employing a person to help coordinate our support for the ASEAN-Australia Special Summit in March next year. This person will help us coordinate business roundtables in ASEAN around the 5 themes of the CEO Summit:
- Digital economy
- Tourism, and
- For a copy of the Australian Business in ASEAN Survey 2017, click here.
More details will be shared at the next Board meeting.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: