The Australian Government’s Anti Dumping Commission, in a notice dated 30 July 2015 (Notice No. 2015/93), has terminated its investigation of zinc coated (galvanised) steel being exported to Australia from Vietnam and India.
The Commission has dismissed the application of dumping which had been lodged by Bluescope Steel Limited.
Details of the decision by Dale Seymour, Commissioner of the Anti Dumping Commission, are below.
- the goods exported to Australia during the investigation period by
- Hoa Sen Group from Vietnam;
- JSW Steel Coated Products Limited from India;
- POSCO Maharashtra Steel Pvt. Ltd. from India; and
- Uttam Galva Steels Ltd. from India,
were not dumped, and therefore I must terminate the investigation, so far as it relates to those exporters, in accordance with subparagraph 269TDA(1)(b)(i) of the Act;
- the volume of dumped goods exported to Australia from Vietnam was negligible, and therefore I must terminate the investigation, so far as it relates to Vietnam, in accordance with sub section 269TDA(3) of the Act; and
- the injury, if any, caused to the Australian industry by dumped goods exported to Australia from India was negligible, and therefore I must terminate the investigation, so far as it relates to India, in accordance with subsection 269TDA(13) of the Act.
For a full copy of the Commission’s Decision, please click here.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: