Congratulations to Nguyen Doan Giang who is the recipient of the 2016 AusCham RMIT Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) Scholarship.
The selection panel, which comprised two faculty from RMIT University and AusCham’s President, thanked all candidates on the outstanding quality of their applications.
Below, Nguyen Doan Giang answers six questions about winning the prestigious AusCham RMIT Executive MBA Scholarship for 2016.
1. Firstly congratulations on being awarded the 2016 AusCham RMIT Executive MBA Scholarship. Would you please introduce yourself?
My name is Nguyen Doan Giang. I was an overseas student in Melbourne from 2004 to 2012. I graduated with a Bachelor of Business (Management & Accounting) and Master of International Business from Monash University. I spent several years working part time in Australia as a Receivable Accountant.
In 2012, I returned to Vietnam to be handed over our family business, SanHa Foods. Our business engages in the foods industry and includes imported foods stuffs from all over the world. I have the opportunity to work with many excellent people from different organizations across the world. This is when I realized I need to improve myself.
Currently, I am serving as the Deputy Managing Director of SanHa Co., Ltd – a company with more than 500 people, three factories and a retail chain with more than 200 outlets in Ho Chi Minh City. SanHa Foods is also a member of AusCham.
2. How did you know about the EMBA program of RMIT Vietnam? Why did you decide to apply for the program?
Interestingly, I have been keeping my eyes on RMIT’s EMBA for couple of years now. There are two main reasons I decided to apply:
- I trust the Australian Education System. It has some of the top universities in the world. I, myself, have experienced the system before and therefore, I have no doubt about RMIT’s teaching quality.
- To undertake the EMBA program, I need at least a few years of working experience in an executive position. After four years in Vietnam, serving as Deputy Managing Director, I feel this is the right time for me to apply.
3. How did you know about the AusCham RMIT scholarship? Why did you decide to apply for the scholarship?
I am always an active member of AusCham. RMIT’s presence in AusCham is very solid. Every bit of information about RMIT has been well informed.
I believe by offering the scholarship, RMIT has shown its generosity to the Vietnamese people. Australia has always been a good partner and a good friend to Vietnam. To continue that tradition, RMIT has given the opportunity for prospective students – that is the reason I applied for the scholarship.
4. How does it feel to be the 2016 AusCham RMIT EMBA Scholar?
There are mixed feelings inside me.
On one hand, I am proud that I have been awarded the scholarship from RMIT – one of the top universities in Australia. The selection process assessed many competitive applicants and I have achieved top place.
On the other hand, I am quite nervous. This is an EMBA program. I will study with many experienced people who are excellent in what they do. I still have a lot to learn from those people.
5. What are your plans for the future?
In the short term, I will focus on completing the EMBA program and broaden my network, both on a personal and professional level.
In the longer term, I am going to apply what I learn from the EMBA program to my family business. I am keen to develop my business more in the future.
6. Do you want to share anything to future RMIT Vietnam EMBAs who also want to apply for the AusCham scholarship?
I would suggest to those who are considering applying for the AusCham RMIT EMBA scholarship as follows:
- Always try harder to become a better person.
- Be confident in yourself, especially in the interview stage.
- Know what you want and who you want to be.
- Be professional in everything you do.
About the AusCham RMIT Executive MBA Scholarship
The AusCham RMIT Executive MBA Scholarship was launched in 2015. This exclusive scholarship is open to all employees of organisations which are valid members of AusCham.
In 2015, the Scholarship was won by Nguyen Minh Hieu from KPMG.
- Download the Fact Sheet: The AusCham-RMIT Executive MBA AusCham Scholarship 2016 Fact Sheet
- Visit RMIT University’s website by clicking here.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: