Below is a list of useful business links. If you have a useful link that is not on this page, please email it to AusCham.
- Ministry of Planning and Investment – Foreign Investment Agency (incl. regulations and charges for “Doing Business”)
- Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency (Viet Trade, Vietnam’s equivalent agency of Austrade)
- Vietnam.eregulations.org (Online step-by-step guide for foreign investors describing how to set up a business in Vietnam. It reflects procedures from the user’s point of view, as they are applied in practice. For additional background information, click here.)
- Vietnam Customs
- General Statistics Office of Vietnam
- National Agro Forestry Fisheries Quality Assurance Department
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Vietnam IMEX (Imports Exports)
- Trading Economics – Vietnam’s Exports
- Exporters from Vietnam
Vietnam Chamber of Commerce & Industry (VCCI)
- Post news about partner/ supplier search on VCCI’s Business Opportunity Page. You can provide VCCI the news in Vietnamese and they will post it on their website free of charge. Click to download the template in English, VCCI_Form Business Opportunity News (English) and in Vietnamese, 1.2 Mau tin_Co hoi Kinh doanh_VCCI-HCM.
- Look up VCCI-HCM members in 19 categories in the VCCI membership directory called Connections. Available in hard copy from the VCCI office. To view the online version, click here.
- Tailored database. VCCI offers a tailored database service per specific request. For instance, when you provide them with the detailed requirements for your local partner/ supplier, they will screen out and send you the tailored list of potentials.
- B2B Meetings. VCCI offers a service of arranging B2B meetings by which they find and match the international partners with local companies.
- ASEAN-AUSTRALIA-NEW ZEALAND FREE TRADE AGREEMENT (AANZFTA) AANZFTA FACT SHEETS (CONSOLIDATED), dated 24 February 2009. Includes a complete list of products and services and the schedule for reducing/eliminating tariffs.
- Vietnam Economic Profile 2015, by DFAT Australia
- Market Profile, by Austrade. Below are specific industry profiles by Austrade:
- Austrade: Buy from Australia. This page has a search function for suppliers and industries.
- Free Trade Agreement Tool for countries (incl VN) (a tool to help Australian exporters to navigate Australia’s FTAs by country or industry)
- Vietnam Business Forum (the forum for foreign business chambers)
- World Bank Vietnam
- World Bank’s Doing Business in Vietnam Report
- World Bank: Doing Business: Economy Rankings
- Vietnam Country Fact Sheet, Vietnam: FDI (includes 2014) by UN Conference on Trade and Development, June 2015. Click to download World Investment Report 2015_Foreign Direct Investment Vietnam
- UNCTADStat (UN Conference on Trade & Development) General Profile Vietnam 2013. Or download pdf: General Profile Vietnam (2013).
- CIA World Fact Book: Vietnam
- The Economist: articles on Vietnam
- Australian Government’s Travel Advisory for Vietnam (Smartraveller)
Australian Business Asia (ABA) (Australian business chambers in Asia)
- Hong Kong and Macau
- South China, Guangzhou
Business Chambers in Australia
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI)
- Business SA – South Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland
- Chamber of Commerce Northern Territory
- Business Australia
- Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- VECCI – Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- WA Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Investing in Australia
- Why invest in Australia? Opportunities. Guide to investing, Austrade website
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry/Australian Quarantine & Inspection Service (AQIS)
AQIS provides information on Australian quarantine and inspection issues and import controls for food, live animals, animal products, fish, aquatic products, timber, plants and grains.
Australian Customs Services
NSW Head Office, 477 Pitt St, Sydney NSW Australia 2000
Tel: +61 2 9213 2000
The Australian Customs Services is the only organisation authorised to handle any enquiries relating to the level of import duties applicable on export of merchandise goods to Australia.
GPO Box 5420, Sydney NSW Australia 2001, Tel: +61 2 8206 6000, Fax: +61 2 8206 6001
Standards Australia is the Australian Government endorsed peak standards development body in Australia.
The business.gov.au website is an online government resource for the Australian business community. By using business.gov.au businesses are able to comply with government requirements.