A new record for commercial real estate investment (including development land) was set in Asia Pacific in 2018. The region continued to attract the greatest amount of investment, accounting for 50% of the global total at US$866bn in 2018. With fundamentals remaining steady, investment activity is expected to be sustained in 2019.
How did global investment patterns change in 2018? Where should you be investing your money in 2019 and beyond? Find out more in our Global Investment Atlas Report 2019 >>>
- 2018 set a record for investment in Asia Pacific at US$866 billion
- Transaction volumes in APAC surpassed 2017’s figures by 3.6% last year
- Global real estate investment volumes reach US$1.75 trillion in 2018 and are forecast to remain at similar levels in 2019
- The real estate investment cycle is expected to extend, allowing time for investors to adjust to a period of rising interest rates ahead
- The report predicts another record year in 2019, as investors seek to deploy record levels of capital to expand expand their search area into new regions, smaller markets and alternative asset classes to find opportunity
Our annual Global Investment Atlas tackles the big topics that will shape the future of real estate and is a must read for those who are investing, developing, financing or advising on real estate.