Vietnam: Authorities continue to enforce COVID-19 and update the restrictions nationwide as of 3 June 2021.
Vietnam continues to enact COVID-19 rules nationwide with requests to follow the restrictions strictly from Heads of all Departments, Agencies, Units, Chairperson of the People’s Committee City and other districts to immediately implement the following updates:
1. Resume incoming international flights to Hanoi and HCM City
- Suspend operations of international commercial flights to the country since 2020.
- The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV) has made an urgent announcement to airlines and international airports Noi Bai and Tan Son Nhat about resuming international flights to Hanoi and HCM City immediately.
- Reduce domestic flights to Tan Son Nhat International Airport in HCM City as part of efforts to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic as the city is enacting two-week social distancing order since May 31 2021.
2. Vietnam considers shortening quarantine period for vaccinated entrants
- People entering Vietnam who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 and test negative may see their quarantine period reduced from 21 days to one week.
3. Workplace & Public
- No gathering of more than 20 people in workplace meetings and at conferences in Hanoi and HCMC.
- All religious rites and activities with more than 20 participants in religious establishments as well as all cultural, sports, and recreational activities in public places are suspended.
The country has recorded 4,781 local Covid-19 cases in 37 localities during the latest coronavirus wave. Bac Giang and Bac Ninh now have the highest number of infections, at 2,565 and 927 (as of 10:45am – 3 June 2021)