The Danang Foreigners’ Football (Soccer) Cup will be held from 16-17 May 2015.
For AusCham members interested in business opportunities in Danang, this event represents a significant business networking opportunity.
See below for full details.
DANANG’S FOREIGNERS’ FOOTBALL CUP 2015
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Purpose: To strenthen sports exchange as well as to create an opportunity for foreigners from different countries who are living and working in Da Nang city to exchange with each other.
- Organiser: Da Nang Department of Foreign Affairs (DOFA)
- Main sponsors:
– Taiwanese Business Association in Da Nang
– Sacombank Da Nang
- Timing: 16-17 May, 2015 (Saturday and Sunday)
- Venue for competition: Tuyen Son Sports Complex (near Lotte Mart), No. 22, Road 2 thang 9
- Venue for Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner: (TBC) Brown Bean Restaurant, No. 370, Road 2 thang 9. For ease of arranging Gala Dinner, pleaseinform us the expected number of people attending Gala Dinner (maximum of 25 people per team) before 15 May
- Teams: The tournament consists of 8 soccer teams:
– Korean Association in Central Viet Nam
– Taiwanese Business Association in Da Nang
– Lao expatriates in Da Nang
– Australian expatriates in Da Nang
– American expatriates in Da Nang
– French expatriates in Da Nang
– Da Nang Department of Foreign Affairs’ Youth Union
– Sacombank Da Nang8. Team members
- Each team shall register a maximum 17 members including Head and Coach.
– All players will be of their nationality in respect of the team they represent.
– Team lists shall be submitted to the organizing committee before 10 May through the email email@example.com
- Group drawing session:Each team sends a representative to the Group Drawing Session held by DOFA in 9th of May at 9a.m at DOFA office (25th floor of Da Nang Administrative Center)
- Awards and prizes
– As it is a friendly sport exchange, no cash prize will be given. All 8 eight participating teams will be given souvenir flags
– Teams at 2nd, 3rd, 4th places of the whole competition will be given flags of second, third and fourth places respectively at the Award Ceremony
– Champion team (1st place team) will be given a flag and champion cup at the Award Ceremony.
II. COMPETITION FORMAT:
- Mini-soccer rules:
– Five players per team per match, free substitution with unlimited number of substitution times during a match
– Duration of match: Every match consists of 2 halves, which lasts 20 minutes per half, the interval between 2 halves is 10 minutes
- Group stage:
– 8 teams will be divided in 2 group of 4 teams (Group A and Group B) and compete with each 3 other teams in their group to decide the ranking in the group. There will be 3 rounds in the Group Stage (see Expected Schedule)
– At the conclusion of each Match, 3 points shall be awarded to the Winner, 1 point shall be awarded to each team for a Draw, Loser will get no point
– On completion of the group stage, if two or more Participating Teams are equal on points in each Group, the following criteria are applied to determine the ranking (in descending order):
+ Superior goal difference from all group Matches played;
+ Higher number of goals scored from all group Matches played;
+ Penalty kicks between two teams
- Finale and third-title playoff
– Finale: 1st-placed teams of Group A and Group B will compete in the Finale
– Third – title playoff:the 2nd-placed teams of Group A and Group B will compete in the 3rd place Play-off (Please refer Expected Schedule at Article III below)
- Group Arrangement. The first four teams will play in Group A. The next lot of four teams will play in Group B. Results will be recorded by games played, won, lost, drawn as well as goals for/against and difference. Teams will be drawn into Groups at the Group Drawing Session in 9th of May 2015.
III. EXPECTED SCHEDULE
Saturday, 16 May, 2015
7h30 – 8h15 Opening Ceremony – in Field 5C
8h15 – 9h15 Group Stage Round 1: Four (4) matches of both Group A and Group B at the same time:
– Field 5C: Team 1 – Team 2
– Field 5D: Team 3 – Team 4
– Field 5A: Team 5 – Team 6
– Field 5B: Team 7 – Team 8
16h30 – 17h30 Group Stage Round 2: Four (4) matches of both Group A and Group B at the same time:
– Field 5C: Team 1 – Team 3
– Field 5D: Team 2 – Team 4
– Field 5A: Team 5 – Team 7
– Field 5B: Team 6 – Team 8
Sunday, May 17th , 2015
7h30 – 8h30 Group Stage Round 3: Two last matches of Group A:
– Field 5C: Team 1 – Team 4
– Field 5D: Team 2 – Team 3
8h30 – 9h30 Group Stage Round 3: Two last matches of Group B:
– Field 5C: Team 5 – Team 8
– Field 5D: Team 6 – Team 7
16h30 – 17h30 Field 5D: Third-title playoff (2nd-place of Group A vs 2nd-place of Group B)
16h30 – 17h30 Field 5C: Finale: (1st-placed of Group A vs 1st-placed of Group B)
18h00 – 20h00 Award Ceremony& Gala Dinner At Brown Bean Restaurant
IV. CONTACT PERSON
For detailed information, please contact Mr Ho Quang Dung – DOFA staff.
Cell: 0122 7439913 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS