Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [3 Dec 2015]
Dear Members and Friends
- On Tuesday, AusCham (David W. Carter, AusCham Director) presented to the Annual Vietnam Business Forum (click here for paper). Immigration Department replied that it is “considering scrapping visa requirements for Australian and New Zealand citizens”. Brian O’Reilly (President AusCham) presented the paper on Education and Training. David Whitehead (AusCham member and former Hanoi President) presented the Agribusiness paper. Bill Howell (AusCham Member) presented the Mining paper.
- Tonight – Christmas Sundowners. Includes farewell to Australian Consul-General, John McAnulty. 6pm @ Caravelle. Formalities at 7pm.
- This week, RMIT University is holding Graduation Ceremonies in HCMC and Hanoi for 1,967 new graduates (click for photos). RMIT University Vietnam now has its own Australian Alumni network of 9,900. Yesterday, John McAnulty received an Honourary Doctorate from RMIT. Congratulations to all! RMIT will hold a postgraduate information session in HCMC on 9 Dec (Hanoi – tonight). Click here.
- “Taste of Australia 2016” Information Session next Tuesday 8 December at Australian Consulate-General’s office. For those interested in Australian produce and beverages, click here.
- As a trading bloc, ASEAN is Australia’s second biggest trading partner. Find out Why ASEAN and why now? Thursday 10 Dec. Click here.
- Welcome to new Corporates: Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Sebnat Holdings and Sorae. Renewing corporates: DEK Technologies, IDP Education, Jardine Matheson, Linfox Logistics and RMIT Vietnam. Individuals: Neville Dean and Trevor Grigg. Alumni: David Carter (NOT AusCham Director, David W. Carter, CEO AON Insurance)
- Well done to Heart Reach Australia (NGO Member) which is donating a Water Ambulance for use in the Mekong Delta. Media launch tomorrow evening in HCMC. Photos.
- Advertisement below for Air 360 Bar.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: