Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [22 December 2016]
Dear Members and Friends
- AusCham wishes all sponsors, members, stakeholders and the wider community for your support in 2016. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2017 (and then the Rooster!).
- Transfer pricing is set to be a big issue in the New Year. To bring clarity, AusCham will host a (BEPS) seminar in Hanoi on 12 January at which KPMG will present. Click here.
- Congratulations to AusCham member, SanHa Foods (family-owned business with Australian Alumni) which held an official opening of its state-of-the-art new poultry processing plant in Long An Province (near HCMC) yesterday. More to follow including details of a factory tour for members early in 2017.
- Applications for the two (2) AusCham RMIT EMBA Scholarships for 2017 don’t close until 6 January. Open to all AusCham Members and staff of member organisations. Click here.
- Congratulations to Vietnam’s Graduates from Australia Club which celebrated its 25th anniversary last week. Watch video!
- See message below from AusCham Member, Le Meridien Saigon.
- Thank you to the following renewing corporate members: Cushman & Wakefield, Sapphire, Novotel Saigon Centre, Tractus Asia, University of Tasmania and CBRE. Also to individual members: Suresh G Kumar, Pavel Poskakukhin, Chau Ta and Jesse O’Brien.
- For those in HCMC, there will be a series of free Christmas musical events in Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street from tonight until Saturday night, commencing at 7pm, and featuring Australian, Thanh Bui. Click here.
- AusCham’s office will remain open during the Christmas / New Year period with the exception of tomorrow (23 Dec – staff trip); Mon, 26 Dec (for Christmas Day); and Mon 2 Jan (for New Year’s Day).
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter. Click to view full version.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: