Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [21 Dec 2017]
Dear Members and Friends
- Nominations have now closed for the Australian Business Awards which will be held on 23 March 2018. 55 applications were received (not 56 as we incorrectly reported earlier). Shortlisted applicants (Top 5) will be confirmed at the next Board meeting on 9 January – and then the judges will get to work!
- Please note that the proposed Meet Australia event will be postponed to mid 2018, subject to generating sufficient sponsorship support.
- Congratulations to AusCham Member, the Mavin Group which spoke at an Investment Promotion Conference in Dong Thap province during the week. Mavin will open a $50m feedmill in Q1 next year.
- Watch the video of TANWANI presenting a watch to AusCham Logo designer, Tran Quoc Trung.
- Farewell to AusCham’s Vice President and Director, David Carter who has resigned from AusCham to pursue a career opportunity in Thailand. Farewell to AusCham’s accountant, Ms Thuy who has resigned after seven years’ service to further her career in Danang. We wish both every success and thank them sincerely. We are also delighted to welcome AusCham’s new accountant, Ms Hoan. And welcome also to Ms Ngoc who is studying in Australia – but working for AusCham during the university holidays.
- Thank you to all members and sponsors for your critical support in 2017. It is valued greatly.
- Thank you to new members, CanThoWork Services Trading Co., Ltd, Four Points by Sheraton Danang and Terrapinn Pte Ltd as well as the following renewing members: ASWIG Solutions Vietnam Company Limited, Aus4Skills, Crown Worldwide Ltd., DFDL, Mayer Brown JSM (Vietnam), Novotel Saigon Centre, PEAK Adventure Travel, Savills Vietnam Ltd., Sofitel Saigon Plaza, Vision & Associates, as well as individuals Darren Szwarcburg and Jesse O’Brien.
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! We look forward to seeing you all again in 2018! (Note: AusCham’s office will be closed on Christmas Day (Mon 25 Dec) and New Years’ Day (Mon 1 Jan) but will be open on the other days.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter. Click to view full version
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email email@example.com.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE