July 18, 2019
Event Time: 08:30 - 10:00
Ballroom B | Hilton Hanoi Opera| 1 Le Thanh Tong Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Non-members: VND 750,000 	 *Membership: VND 650,000
Auscham is pleased to invite you to the Breakfast Business Briefing “Insights into Employment in Vietnam” which will be held on Thursday 18 July 2019 in Ha Noi.
We are glad to welcome Mr. Matthew Lourey – Managing Director of Domicile Corporate Services and Ms. Minh Thi Thanh Nguyen – Senior Associate of ACSV Legal and Registered Arbitrator at the Pacific International Arbitration Center to give us the insights of current Labour Law, Contracts, Insurance obligations, Taxation and Work Permits for expatriates as well as international companies operating in Viet Nam.
Presentation key notes:
Minh Nguyen – Senior Associate, ACSV Legal will discuss:
- Work permits and residence cards for expatriates and application process. Practical matters involving work permit categories, documentation, lead time and criteria, with details on specific exemptions;
- Labour contracts and remarkable issues (e.g. unilateral termination vs. dismissal);
- Dispute settlement in labour conflicts (i.e. court litigation vs. mediation vs. arbitration);
- Labour Law updates and future changes in Vietnam.
Matthew Lourey – Managing Partner, Domicile Corporate Services will cover topics related to:
- Insurance obligations for companies and staff holding employment contracts; updates on the application of social insurance and the implementation procedures for maternity and sick leave, occupational health and safety and retirement fund contributions;
- Payroll and Employment issues arising in international companies operating in Vietnam. Details on Labour compliance and common situations regarding salary contributions, monthly and quarterly lodgements, annual reporting to the authorities;
- Taxation for Individuals and Companies regarding employment in Vietnam, with insights on resident and non-residents tax implications. Clarifications on service contracts and offshore labour contracts with parent entities, and the tax issues that commonly arise,
- Practical information on employment and labour issues commonly experienced by investors in Vietnam.
A panel discussion will follow the key notes addresses so that the attendees can discuss common and topical issues with the panel.
Speakers & Panelists:
Matthew Lourey – Managing Director of Domicile Corporate Services
Matthew is a qualified accountant who has resided in Vietnam for more than 13 years. Matthew leads Domicile Corporate Services, which provides market entry, corporate advisory, compliance and tax advisory to foreign investors in Vietnam. He has extensive experience working in Australia for Big 4 accounting firms and investment funds, and since Matthew relocated to Vietnam, he has spent much of his time advising foreign investors on successfully undertaking business in Vietnam, corporate investment transactions, market entry and corporate finance.
Minh Thi Thanh Nguyen – Senior Associate of ACSV Legal and Registered Arbitrator at the Pacific International Arbitration Center
Minh is a qualified attorney in Vietnam and an awardee of the prestigious Fulbright Scholarship, with more than ten years of working experience in corporate, mergers and acquisitions, labor and intellectual property for various top-tier international law firms. She holds an LLM degree in International Commercial Arbitration from Pepperdine University and a Bachelor of Business Law from Hanoi National University.
- Complimentary breakfast for all participants.
- Event registration is on first come first served basis and advance registration is required.
– Members of Auscham and the co-hosts (valid membership card is required): VND 650,000 per participant
– Non-members: VND 750,000 per participant
– Walk in or late registration by 9 July: VND 800,000 per participant
- RSVP: email@example.com by Monday, 15th July 2019 to assure your attendance.