July 16, 2019
Registration: 08:30 - 10:30
Emerald | Sofitel Saigon Plaza| 17 Le Duan, D1, HCMC
Member: VND 700.000 | Non-member: VND 900.000 | Walks-in or late registrations (by 9 July): VND 1.2mil
Presentation key notes:
Minh Nguyen – Senior Associate, ACSV Legal will discuss:
- Work permits and residence cards for expatriates and application process. Practical matters involving work permit categories, documentation, lead time and criteria, with details on specific exemptions;
- Labour contracts and remarkable issues (e.g. unilateral termination vs. dismissal);
- Dispute settlement in labour conflicts (i.e. court litigation vs. mediation vs. arbitration);
- Labour Law updates and future changes in Vietnam.
Matthew Lourey – Managing Partner, Domicile Corporate Services will cover topics related to:
- Insurance obligations for companies and staff holding employment contracts; updates on the application of social insurance and the implementation procedures for maternity and sick leave, occupational health and safety and retirement fund contributions;
- Payroll and Employment issues arising in international companies operating in Vietnam. Details on Labour compliance and common situations regarding salary contributions, monthly and quarterly lodgements, annual reporting to the authorities;
- Taxation for Individuals and Companies regarding employment in Vietnam, with insights on resident and non-residents tax implications. Clarifications on service contracts and offshore labour contracts with parent entities, and the tax issues that commonly arise,
- Practical information on employment and labour issues commonly experienced by investors in Vietnam.
A panel discussion will follow the key notes addresses so that the attendees can discuss common and topical issues with the panel.
Speakers & Panelists:
Matthew Lourey – Managing Director of Domicile Corporate Services
Minh Thi Thanh Nguyen – Senior Associate of ACSV Legal and Registered Arbitrator at the Pacific International Arbitration Center