June 19, 2017
Registration: 07:30 - 10:30
Victoria Healthcare, 20 Đinh Tiên Hoàng, District 1 , HCMC
AmCham and BBGV are working together to organize the World Blood Donor Day 2017 from June 12-21, 2017 at several locations.
Blood donation time is from 7:30-10:30 am.
They need more Blood Donors for June 19 at Victoria Healthcare, 20 Đinh Tiên Hoàng, District 1 and June 20 at 135A Nguyen Van Troi, Phu Nhuan District.
Please join us and help extend the event information to your friends and network.
Dear Blood Donors,
Important information to get you well prepared before donating blood:
Who can donate blood in Vietnam?
You can donate blood if you:
- are healthy
- weight from 45
- are aged between 18 and 60 (according to Circular 26/2013/TT-BYT from MOH)
Before Your Donation:
– Don’t stay up too late the night before.
– Eat a healthy meal or light breakfast before donating blood. DO NOT drink wine, beer, coffee and milk before donating blood.
Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries or ice cream before donating. (Fatty foods can affect the tests we do on your blood. If there is too much fat in your blood, your donation cannot be tested for infectious diseases and the blood will not be used for transfusion.)
– Drink more water.
– Remember to bring your ID or passport.
– Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
For woman, wearing pants is the best choice. You should not wear short jeans, skirts or short dress because it’s inconvenience when sitting and donating blood.
During Your Donation:
– Let the person taking your blood know if you have a preferred arm and show them any good veins that have been used successfully in the past to draw blood.
– Relax, talk to other donors or read during the donation process.
After Your Donation:
– Receive your gift before leaving the event.
– Drink more water and avoid alcohol over the next 24 hours.
– Keep the strip bandage on for the next several hours.
– To avoid a skin rash, clean the area around the strip bandage with soap and water.
– If the needle site starts to bleed, apply pressure to it and raise your arm straight up for about 5-10 minutes or until bleeding stops.
– Do not do any heavy lifting or vigorous exercise for the rest of the day