Dear Members and Friends
- Last Tuesday, the World Bank released a” Vietnam 2035 Report which sets out a pathway for Vietnam to reach upper-middle-income status by 2035. On Wed 2 March, Dr Vo Chi Thanh (CIEM) will discuss the World Bank’s Report – as well as reviewing the Vietnam Communist Party’s 12th National Congress and what it means to business.Sponsored by AIS Saigon. Book now!
- Last Monday, full details for AusCham’s 2016 Annual General Meeting in HCMC on 22 March were emailed to all Voting Members. Nomination forms for those interested in being elected to the Board were included. Full details, click here.
- 3 Mar – HCMC Sundowners. Click here.
- Attention Aussie Alumni! Vacancies with the Australian Consulate HCMC and Victoria University.
- Last week, Vietnam News reported that two-way trade between Australia and Vietnam in 2015 declined 19 per cent due to the value of Vietnam’s crude oil exports crashing.
- Last week, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that Vietnam’s Vingroup purchased a Sydney CBD site for AUD22 million.
- See Santa Fe’s update on new employment and work permit conditions for foreign workers in Vietnam, effective from 1 April 2016.
- Thank you to KPMG, a Titanium sponsor, which is currently doing AusCham’s annual audit.
- Good luck to AusCham Member Spinifex IBS which has just launched a new Business Tours to Vietnam program (involves several other AusCham Members).
- Last Tuesday, 40 people attended Danang Sundowners and listened to new Australian Consul General, Ms Karen Lanyon, speak on the Vietnam-Australian relationship going forward.
- Thank you to Member Banyan Angsana Lang Co for advertising below.
- Thank you to renewing Bronze Sponsor, Platinum Global. Special welcome to new Corporate, Hotel Nikko Saigon. Renewing members Corporate Wear, New World Saigon Hotel and Domicile Consulting & Service.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: