Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [16 February 2017]
Dear Members and Friends,
- Mavin Austfeed (AusCham Member) will hold an opening ceremony on Saturday in Nghe An Province for its fourth feedmill. Attendees include the Deputy Prime Minister. stock feed production plant in Nghe An province on Saturday.
- On behalf of AusCham, President Chau Ta will sign an MOU with Nghe An Province on Sunday in Vinh City. Remember, all AusCham memberships outside Greater HCMC and Greater Hanoi reveive a 50 per cent discount. To apply for an AusCham Membership, click here.
- Sales of Australian wheat into Vietnam increased by 44 per cent last year due in part to the removal of the 5 per cent tariff negotiated under AANZFTA (ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement). To view the full AANZFTA schedule, click here.
- Congratulations to Founder of the Lifestart Foundation in Hoi An, Karen Leonard, who recently was awarded with an Order of Australia Medal. Join the Lifestart Charity Bike Ride in April.
- Did you know that Four Pillars Gin is produced in Australia – and is now available in Vietnam? Two great Gin Pairing dinners coming up in HCMC.
- Vietnam Airlines will start flying direct from Hanoi to Sydney in March and are offering some great deals. See advertisement below.
- Save the Date: NZ Wine and Food Festival on 11 March 2017.
- Welcome to the following new corporate members: Nam Long VCD Corporation, Delta MV Knowledge Solutions and renewing, Grant Thornton.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter. Click to view full version.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: