- Last Sunday in Vinh City, in the presence of Vietnam’s Prime Minister, AusCham signed an MOU with Nghe An Province to promote business activity, creating additional options for our members. Full details including AusCham President Chau Ta’s speech, investment opportunities and photos, click here.
- Congratulations to AusCham member, Mavin Austfeed, on the official opening of their 4th feedmill, last Saturday in Vinh. Click here.
- Last Sunday in Vinh, AusCham had the chance to raise the issue of visas with Vietnam’s Prime Minister. Separately, VietJet confirmed it is considering new routes in 2018 to Sydney and Melbourne from Vietnam.
- A reminder for businesses in the provinces, AusCham offers a 50 per cent discount on memberships. And don’t forget AusCham’s Mate’s Rates Discount Program.
- Congratulations to the following awardees of the AusCham RMIT EMBA Scholarships 2017, each valued at 50 per cent. HCMC – Mr Jimmy Van Tuan Phat, KOTO; and Hanoi – Mr Binh Tuan Do, QBE Insurance. A bonus 50% scholarship was awarded to Mr Van Long Tan Nguyen an alumnus of RMIT and a former staff member of KPMG.
- Annual General Meeting to be held simultaneously in Hanoi and HCMC on Tuesday 28 March. Official notices to be forwarded to members shortly.
- On Saturday, AusCham’s National Board will meet in HCMC for a strategy workshop. For comments and ideas, email here.
- Welcome to new member, Planpac Group and the following renewing members: Nuplex Resins (Vietnam), SEA Management Consulting, VinaCapital, Vietnam Supply Chain, The Al Fresco’s Group and NGO, the Fred Hollows Foundation.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter. Click to view full version.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: