- For photos of this event, click here.
- For a video tour of the facility by the chairman of Mavin Austfeed, taken just one hour before the official opening, click here.
Mavin Austfeed will hold the Grand Opening Ceremony for its new feedmill in Nghe An Province at 10am on Saturday, 18 February 2017.
High profile attendees at the opening ceremony include the Deputy Prime Minister, Mr Vuong Dinh Hue; the General Secretary of the Nghe An Communist Party; the Chairman of the Nghe An People’s Committee; the Australian Ambassador and the President of AusCham.
The feedmill’s official opening is being held in conjunction with a major Promotion of Trade and Investment in Nghe An event, organised by the People’s Committee, that will be held the following day on 19 February. (All businesses interested in learning more about investment opportunities in Nghe An are invited to attend the Promotion of Trade and Investment event at which an MOU between AusCham and the Nghe An People’s Committee will also be signed. Click here for details.)
About Mavin Austfeed
[Mavin Austfeed is a member of AusCham. It’s Chairman, Mr David Whitehead is a former President of AusCham in Hanoi.]
The Mavin Group was founded in 2004 under the name Austfeed which was a foreign invested company established to develop a feedmill in Hung Yen province in the north of Vietnam.
Mavin Austfeed has since become a powerful Vietnamese agribusiness corporation which provides total solutions for livestock value chains “from Farm to Table”.
Mavin Austfeed produces animal and aquafeed, swine, chicken layers and breeders, farming equipment, veterinary medicine and food.
Mavin Austfeed’s new Nghe An facility
Nghe An is Mavin Austfeed’s fourth feedmill and was built at a cost of VND400 billion (approx USD18 million). It has an annual production capacity of 300,000 tons of animal feed.
Also in Nghe An, Mavin Austfeed will establish a nuclear pig farm on 50 hectares in Anh Son district. The farm which will cost VND250 billion (approx USD11 million) to build will commence operations in 2018.
As part of Mavin Austfeed’s commitment to the province and as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, it has pledged VND500 million (approx USD22,000) to five charity projects in the province.
MAVIN AUSTFEED’s HISTORY IN VIETNAM
- Establishment of Austfeed Joint Venture Company in Hung Yen province to develop a feedmill with a capacity of 50,000 tons/year.
- Awarded ISO 9001: 2000 by BVQI – UK. One of the first feedmillers in Vietnam to be awarded this quality certificate.
- Opening of 2nd feedmill in Hung Yen. Capacity of 60,000 tons/year.
- Invested and operated a new and sophisticated Buhler production line from Switzerland. Increased production capacity to 150,000 tons/year.
- Opening 3rd feedmill in Binh Dinh. Capacity of 60,000 tons/year.
- Establishment of a nuclear pig breeding farm in Hung Yen. Capacity of 1,000 sows (GGP/GP). All breeding sows imported from JSR Genetics (UK).
- Upgraded the production line of the Hung Yen feedmill to 200,000 tons/year and plant and production line at Binh Dinh feedmill to 150,000 tons/year.
- Establishment of Mavin Foods Joint Venture Company. Built a state of the art food production plant with European food style, with a capacity of 10,000 tons/year in Ha Nam.
- Acquired and became the major shareholder of Cai Lay Veterinary Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Company-Mekovet in Tien Giang province, a listed company and top veterinary pharmacy producer in Vietnam.
- Opened the WHO-GMP Non-Betalactam plant of Cai Lay Veterinary Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Company
- Opened the WHO-GMP Betalactam plant of Cai Lay Veterinary Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Company.
- Invested and built a 4th feedmill in Nghe An, Vietnam. Capacity 300,000 tons/year.
- Upgraded the production line at Hung Yen feedmill to 250,000 tons/year.
- Invested and opened an aquatic feed production line at Hung Yen feedmill. Capacity of 60,000 tons/year.
- Opened a nuclear pig breeding farm in Nhon Tan, Binh Dinh province. Capacity of 1,200 sows (GP) and 4000 gilts.
- Successfully restructured Mavin Group and set the Group’s vision of being the most trusted agribusiness of fully integrated supply chain “from Farm to Table”.
- Upgraded the production line at Binh Dinh Feedmill to to 200,000 tons/year.
- Began construction of the 5th feedmill, in Dong Thap province. Capacity of 400,000 tons/year.Grand Opening of Austfeed Nghe An Feedmill.
- Investment in a nuclear breeding pig farm in Nghe An province. Capacity of 1,500-2,500 sows (GGP), becoming one of the largest purebred swine breeders in Vietnam.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: