To create a forum for managers, scientists, national and international experts, the business community and for people to discuss and exchange ideas on issues of the exploitation, use and protection of Vietnam seas and islands, especially to create in-depth discussions on solutions to achieve the goal of making Vietnam a strong country that will basically achieve the criteria of sustainable development, in which, the blue-sea economy takes the leading role.
- Time and venue
– Time: 1st June 2019, 8:30 AM – 12:00 AM.
– Venue: Cao Van Lau Theatre, Bac Lieu city, Bac Lieu province.
– Leader of Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment;
– Leader of Bac Lieu Provincial People’s Committee.
– Participants at the Vietnam Sea and Island Week.
– Representatives of departments and sectors in the Southwest region: Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development, Departments of Planning and Investment, Departments of Industry and Trade, Departments of Transportation, Departments of Culture-Sports and Tourism, Departments of Science and Technology, Departments of Education and Training, Departments of Justice, Departments of Foreign Affairs etc.;
– Socio-political organizations, social-professional organizations, non-governmental organizations in the Southwest region;
– Representatives of international embassies and organizations in Vietnam;
– Experts and scientists in relevant fields;
– Representatives of central and local news and press agencies;
– Representatives of a number of businesses in the field of exploitation, processing and trading of seafood in the Southwest region.
Number of participants: 200 people.
- Keynote speeches
– Vietnam Administration of Seas and Islands: State management on marine and island resources in Vietnam, especially the Implementation plan of Resolution 36/NQ-TW on the sustainable development strategy of Vietnam’s marine economy to 2030, with a vision to 2045 dated 22nd October 2018 of the 8th Central Committee Meeting Party XII;
– Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) in Can Tho province: Policies to mobilize resources and encourage economic sectors to invest in the exploitation, use and conservation of marine resources in order to achieve sustainable development goals of marine economy;
– Representative of DONRE of Bac Lieu province: Action program and plan of Bac Lieu province in the exploitation of marine resources towards the sustainable development of marine economy;
– Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Chu Hoi, Chairman of the Association for Marine nature and environment protection: Enhancing the participation of stakeholders and communities in sustainable management of marine resources and environment in Vietnam.
– Keynote speeches of international organizations.
- Implementation and unit in charge:
Center for Natural Resources and Environment Communication assign the Department of Public and Press Relations to host and coordinate with related units to develop the organization plan and organize the Forum in accordance with the schedule.