Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [29 Jan 2016]
Dear Members and Friends
- The 12th Party Congress of the Vietnam Communist Party is now underway in Hanoi. AusCham will hold debriefing sessions on the 5 yearly Congress with Dr. Vo Tri Thanh, Vice President, Central Institute for Economic Management, in Hanoi on 1 March and HCMC on 2 March. Dr Thanh is also an Australian Alumnus.
- AusCham and the Consulate-General will co host a special Australia Day Sundowners next Tuesday, 26 January 2016. It will be held at the Pullman Saigon Centre starting at the exclusive time of 5pm.
- AusCham’s 2016 Annual General Meetings will be held simultaneously in Hanoi and HCMC on 22 March 2016. More to follow.
- On Saturday, AusCham Member, Curtin University (Perth) will host a symposium in HCMC on Liveability.
- On Thursday of next week, CanCham will host its 11th Annual Crystal Ball Business Luncheon in HCMC.
- Congratulations to Anthony Cloney who has been promoted to the position of General Director with QBE Vietnam. QBE Vietnam is a 2016 Silver Sponsor and long term supporter of AusCham.
- Last Monday, the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race left Airlie Beach in Queensland bound for Danang. The Clippers, including Danang – Vietnam which is being skippered by Australian, Wendy Tuck – are expected to arrive in Danang on approximately 17 February (subject to winds) for a week of promotional activities.
- On 20 February, AusCham’s Board will hold a strategy planning meeting. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please email email@example.com
- Thank you to this week’s members advertising in our newsletter: Banyan Tree Lang Co and CBRE Vietnam.
- Special welcome to TMF Vietnam and Insearch Limited UTS. In addition to our Titanium Sponsor, RMIT University, AusCham now has 15 Australian University members from every state in Australia. Thank you to renewing corporate members Mayer Brown JSM (Vietnam), SMS Management and Technology, Taylors, WT Partnership (Vietnam) and to renewing alumna, Vu Thi Hong Yen.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: