Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [19 January 2017]
Dear Members and Friends
- AUSTRALIA DAY EVENTS will be hosted by the Australian Consulate-General and Embassy in HCMC on 22 Jan and Hanoi on 24 Jan. Follow the links for full details.
- AusCham’s Directors will hold a Strategy / Brainstorming Workshop on 25 February. For members with comments and suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jetstar has this morning announced details of direct flights from HCMC to Melbourne and Sydney, commencing in May. Last week, Vietnam Airlines announced direct flights from Hanoi to Sydney, commencing in March. Click here.
- AusCham’s Annual General Meeting will be held on 28 March 2017 in Hanoi and HCMC. Details to follow.
- Due to TET, February Sundowners will NOT be held in either Hanoi or HCMC. For March Sundowners in HCMC, a special one is planned – for Tuesday 7 March.
- Yesterday, Nghe An Province (Vinh) met with AusCham in HCMC and is looking to also sign an MOU with us. “Meet Nghe An” will be held on 17 Feb. More to follow.
- This week, one AusCham Member needed 50 hotel rooms over three nights for a visiting delegation – and so they contacted several AusCham Member hotels. Thank you to that member for adding value to an AusCham Membership.
- A summary (in English) of the VBF Forum held in Hanoi on 5 December can be viewed by clicking here.
- Will you be in Bangkok on Saturday, 28 January? Consider the Australia Ball 1977 by AustCham Thailand, a fellow Australia Business Asia member.
- Thank you to renewing corporate members: InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, KPMG Vietnam, PwC Vietnam, Mavin Austfeed, Hoang Ha Label, The University of Queensland, Mayer Brown JSM (Vietnam) and NGO, Vinacapital Foundation.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter. Click to view full version.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email email@example.com.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: