Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [16 Jul 2015]
Dear Members and Friends
- This afternoon in HCMC and yesterday in Hanoi, AusCham has been supporting ATS’ Higher Education to Employment Fair. Great response from our member employers and member universities.
- At Monday night’s Board Meeting, the Directors thanked outgoing Senior Austrade Commissioner, Sean Reilly who finishes in Vietnam this month. His successor is expected to arrive in September.
- Breaking news! With the full blessing of the Victorian Racing Club (VRC), this year’s Saigon Cup on Saturday, 24 October will be rebadged as the “Saigon Melbourne Cup Carnival Dinner”. While the VRC has no formal relationship with AusCham’s event, it has given us access and use of official images and video. It will also offer some additional support. From the outset, AusCham said that we were trying to create an iconic Australian tradition in Vietnam. This event is only in Year 2… To view the VRC’s official 30 sec TV Commercial for the 2015 Melbourne Cup Carnival, click here.
- Special welcome to our new Alumnus member, Phan Thanh Long.
- RMIT University’s MBA Study Tour to Innovative Israel starts on Saturday.
- Reflecting the improved content of this e newsletter, advertising interest has increased significantly over the last three months. Also, take a look at AusCham’s vastly improved and informative website for additional advertising opportunities.
- Speaking of advertisers, see messages below from our member, Banyan Tree Lang Co. Also, messages from Vietnam Airlines (Southern Region), Salinda Premium Resort & Spa and PACE Institute of Management.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: