Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Michael Roberts [7 June 2018]
Dear Members and Friends
- Many thanks and much appreciation to Allens Linklater who renewed their Bronze Sponsorship of AusCham for another year. Any businesses considering sponsorship of the Chamber should contact me directly, it’s all for a great cause.
- Preparation is underway for this year’s AusCham Grand Final Golf Scramble, which will be held in HCMC, Hanoi and Da Nang on Friday 28th September. Sponsorship is open and we’re on the hunt for great prizes.
- Congratulations to Tien Thinh International, an AusCham member, for successful conferences held in HCMC, Hanoi and Da Nang this week, featuring excellent presentations from a number of speakers including Gary Dawes from the New South Wales Chamber of Commerce.
- As mentioned last week our Educational Symposium is scheduled for the 30th August in HCMC at the Reverie Hotel, with the theme “How Australian Education Prepares Students for the 21st Century”. More details to follow soon but if you have an interest in education in Vietnam, mark your diary now.
- Our next AusCham Business Breakfast Briefing will be held in Hanoi on Tuesday 26th June and HCMC on Thursday 28th June, entitled “Working in Vietnam, an Overview of Current Employment Laws, Work Permits and Taxation”. This is important information if you are living in Vietnam, and essential if you own a business or are considering starting one. Be sure not to miss it, head to the AusCham website for more details and to book.
- Sundowners in Da Nang will be held on Thursday 14th June at Alfresco’s, 210 Tran Phu, between 6 and 8pm. If you’re on the central coast be sure to get along, always a great night.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: