Riding into a new school year… join us on this journey.
Loreto Kids Charity has been working in Vietnam for 20 years supporting underprivileged children to access quality education.
1997: Our beginnings …
In 1997, Trish Franklin began the Loreto Vietnam Australia Program (now Loreto Kids Charity) in response to the needs she saw amongst the children living and working on the streets of Ho Chi Minh City. Since then Loreto has developed and continued to respond to the identified needs of underprivileged children in southern Vietnam – whether through support for Special schools and children with disabilities, scholarships to students (bicycles, school packs or educational scholarships), or infrastructure and educational support to school communities in the Mekong Delta region and Phu Yen province.
2017: What is our current focus?
While school-aged children in Vietnam are currently on their end of school year holiday break, Loreto Kids Charity and our local education partners are working to prepare for the new school year in September. There is much to be done and we continue to need your support to ensure that we can complete the projects we have committed to.
June 2017 – What are we working on?
We are currently preparing several projects in preparation for the new school year including:
- Renovation of classrooms and provision of school libraries at primary schools in An Giang and Tra Vinh provinces to encourage the joy of reading and further develop literacy skills;
- School packs distribution to over 300 children in An Giang province to ensure that they can commence their new school year confidently and well prepared;
- Bicycles and helmets distribution to over 70 students in Tien Giang province to ensure access to school throughout the school year;
- Renovation of classrooms and provision of information technology resources at primary schools in An Giang and Tien Giang provinces;
- Building of toilet blocks to ensure hygienic and clean learning environments at primary schools in An Giang and Tien Giang provinces.
…. And there are many more projects we would like to support including the renovation of dilapidated classrooms, the building of new kindergartens, and support for teacher professional development.
…. but to achieve these goals, we do need your financial support to ensure that the new school year for the children in these under resourced communities begins on a bright and enthusiastic note.
How can I donate?
- Paypal – visit our website for details: www.loretovietnam.org
- Tax-deductible donations: www.mwia.org.au/donate/tax-deducible-donations
- Donations in Vietnam:
Account name: LORETO PROPERTY ASSOCIATION (VN) LIMITED
Account No: (VND) 007-1-00-115574-6
Account No: (USD) 007-1-37-115574-9
Bank: Joint Stock Commercial Bank For Foreign Trade Of Vietnam
Address: 198 Tran Quang Khai St, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam
Swift Code: BFTV VNVX
Partnership: Our journey over the 20 years has been shared with many people and for that we are extremely grateful. Thank you for your continued support of Loreto Kids Charity
Thank you for your generous support of ‘lifting learners into the future’.
The Loreto Kids Charity Team
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: