Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [10 Mar 2016]
Dear Members and Friends
- Tonight, AusCham will sign up its new 2016/17 Platinum Sponsor at an International Association’s Gala Dinner in HCMC. More to follow.
- With the signing of our new Platinum Sponsor tonight, AusCham will destroy the new membership cards which were to be distributed next week and quickly replace them with cards displaying the Platinum Sponsor’s logo. AusCham’s thanks members for their understanding and patience.
- Nominations for position of Director (Hanoi or HCMC) close at 10am on Monday 14 October. Click here – for full AGM details including links to nomination form.
- Tomorrow in HCMC, meet the Northern Territory Minister for Primary Industry and Fisheries, Garry Higgins.
- Last week, Laguna Golf Lang Co (part of Angsana and Banyan Tree Lang Co, Central Vietnam) hosted an event featuring golfing legend, Sir Nick Faldo. At the same time, The Grand Ho Tram was awarded the Asian Tour 2015 Event of the Year for the Ho Tram Open. Accolades aplenty for AusCham Members! Save the Date – this year’s AusCham 2016 Grand Final Scrambles will be held in HCMC, Danang and Hanoi on Friday, 30 September.
- Interflour is the single biggest importer of Australian wheat into Vietnam. Join this morning tour of Interflour’s facilities near Vung Tau on 30 March. Bus transport from HCMC provided.
- Do you import / distribute / sell Australian food and beverage? Display them at AusCham’s Australian Supermarket Shelves in Hanoi and HCMC as part of Taste of Australia from 19-22 April.
- A number of members are expressing an interest in the University of South Australia’s Career Expo on 21 March 2016. Uni SA is inviting AusCham members to meet Vietnamese students via Skype who will return to Vietnam soon.
- Don’t forget, Saturday is the NZ Wine and Food Festival at RMIT University, D7.
- Thank you to Member Banyan Angsana Lang Co for advertising below.
Special welcome to new members The Fred Hollows Foundation and John Phong Khanh To. Renewing members DFDL, Insurance Australia Group (IAG), International School Ho Chi Minh City, Milsearch and The Al Fresco’s Group.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: