Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [24 Mar 2016]
Dear Members and Friends
- Congratulations and thank you to the 12 directors who will serve on our 2016/17 Board. For list of directors and to download the 2016 AGM Presentation, click here. Thank you to retired directors Jamie Rossall (Secretary), Shane Dillon, David Robinson and Rod Quinton.
- The Board is currently in the process of electing Office Bearers (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary). Results to be advised.
- Do you have an opinion on AusCham? AusCham has invited an RMIT MBA Syndicate to review our organisation and recommend changes that will deliver better value to members and sponsors. The MBA Syndicate needs to conduct interviews to find out what the members are thinking – good and bad. If you can share your thoughts, please email email@example.com and we will put you in touch with the MBA Syndicate.
- Earlier this week, the CEO of the Australian Stock Exchange resigned because of a deal in Cambodia several years earlier. What you do here matters in Australia. Austrade, together with AusCham, will run an anti bribery and corruption seminar in both Hanoi and HCMC in June. Details to follow.
- Commonwealth Networking Drinks Night next Tuesday.
- This weekend, the AusCham Office in HCMC will shift. Same building, same floor – but a more competitive rate. Thank you to AusCham Members Crown Worldwide and Group GSA Architects for supporting the move.
- Two weeks ago in Western Australia, the local Vietnamese community raised AUD27,000 to support the victims of January’s Yarloop and Waroona bushfires in WA.
- Thank you to Angsana Lang Co Central Vietnam and the Western Australian Primary and Secondary School for advertising in our newsletter below.
- Welcome to new Corporate Members Hotel De I’Opera Hanoi, Queen Food Company Limited and Victoria University. Also to renewing members Santa Fe Relocation Services, Asia Counsel Vietnam Law, BMVN International LLC and NGO Vietnamese Graduates from Australia Club (VGAC). And to Alumni Shuyin Tang and Jennifer Le.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org