Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Michael Roberts [31 May 2018]
Dear Members and Friends
- Our member Pegasus International College in Da Nang has an amazing opportunity for five young Vietnamese people who want to earn an Australian qualification in hospitality (cookery) with travel to Nepal and Norway included in the scholarship program. For more information, head to the AusCham website.
- We are busy planning our first Education Symposium, to be held at The Reverie Hotel in HCMC on Thursday 30th August, stay tuned for more details soon.
- Congratulations to the Mavin Group, an AusCham member, on the opening of Mavin Austfeed Dong Thap. The new facility was opened this week by the Hon Julie Bishop MP, Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- At the same event above, our Chairman, Matthew Lourey exchanged MOU with the Dong Thap Province, facilitating increased cooperation between AusCham and the Province.
- AusCham’s Sundowners networking event will be on 7 June in Hanoi and HCMC.
- AusCham’s Breakfast Business Briefing on “Working in Vietnam: Overview of current employment laws, work permits and taxation” will be held on 26 June in Hanoi and 28 June in HCMC.
- Thank you to the following new members: LK Servico, Richard Johnson and renewing members: Barton Pike Executive Search Pte Ltd., Brewer Smith Brewer Group, Cintac Timber PTY LTD, DA Global Logistics, Heart of Darkness Brewery, Lagler Australia (Cameron Luke Pty. Ltd trading as Lagler Australia), Park Hyatt Saigon.
- The AusCham team are busy examining new ways that we can benefit our members, but as always please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can be of specific assistance to your business.
I’m personally looking forward to meeting new and old members and friends at my first Sundowners in HCMC, next Thursday at Jaspas. See you there!